• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type r ep3 handbrake depression video included

The handbrake lever part that connects to the cable on the passenger caliper has not released. See if you can put some pressure on the lever on the caliper and it should release.

Did you pump the brake pedal several times with the cables disengaged from both calipers or the handbrake handle in the car to reset the handbrake parts in the caliper before adjusting the handbrake cables?

This happened to one of my calipers a few years ago and i ended up just replacing the caliper rather than stripping it and replacing the seals/piston and re-greasing the inside of it tbh.

It had a new calliper fitted prior to this video.it did same thing with last calliper.i have a new passenger side cable to install Tuesday.i hope this sorts it out and is not a wheel bearing issue.

Seriously mate thanks for commenting was worried when no one had any input.

Possible cable has seized.

I’m so down with this my treat when this is done to get a nice exhaust backbox like m2 hornet.summer almost over now :(

Also I did disconnect both cables from handbrake.started car pumped brake several times.cables still connect at calliper though

Back