• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 speaker upgrade

Hi all,

Has anyone uprated the speakers in their car or added a small sub? I'm finding they really lack bass and when you increase the bass in the settings, it's a very tinny sound. I don't want a huge woofer box but would like to do something to make the sound quality better and increase the lower range.

Cheers,

Will

I agree sound isn't outstanding, my missus' mini is much bassier and generally better, especially apple car play which is very tinny and there is a clear difference when we jump from one car to the next.

However, it's good enough for me and not something I'd spend me money on. Yanks are all over it though so check civicx.com!

Kenwood make a good under-seat subwoofer.

Nothing earth-shattering, but definitely better than OEM sounds

It doesn't sound too bad with the settings all fairly neutral, as I said, I'm just looking for a little more bottom end. Nothing huge! An under seat sub would be ideal I think.

I have a Kenwood under seat sub I removed from my Abarth. I did consider fitting it but wouldn't know where to start in the Civic.

i kept the HU, added a LOC and went with an amp powering an Audison slim 10" sub in the sub-floor boot area on my FK2. i assume you've similar room back there to fit something.

it changed the "premium audio" on the GT. idiotic that honda didnt include or even accessory purchase a sub for the typeR. we're probably the customers who're more like to buy such kit!
with the FK2R they actively removed the subwoofer that was available for the the non-typeR models too. no plug or wiring hidden to even retrofit.

i kept the HU, added a LOC and went with an amp powering an Audison slim 10" sub in the sub-floor boot area on my FK2. i assume you've similar room back there to fit something.

it changed the "premium audio" on the GT. idiotic that honda didnt include or even accessory purchase a sub for the typeR. we're probably the customers who're more like to buy such kit!
with the FK2R they actively removed the subwoofer that was available for the the non-typeR models too. no plug or wiring hidden to even retrofit.

worst that the US get a subwoofer in the audio package as standard IIRC and our cars have the cut out space for it under the boot liner again IIRC.

which if so, shame you can't just buy a Honda plug in and play option here.

I'm a bit of an audiophile and think it sounds okay after playing around with the settings. I'll take another look to see how I've set them, but I'm pretty sure I have the bass on max, the mid range turned up half way and treble on neutral.

I may give the dealer a call and see if it is possible to get the sub that's fitted in the US cars.

I'm a bit of an audiophile and think it sounds okay after playing around with the settings. I'll take another look to see how I've set them, but I'm pretty sure I have the bass on max, the mid range turned up half way and treble on neutral.

Let me know how you set it up and I'll give it a try myself. I haven't touched the mid, just bass and treble up but no to max on either.

I don’t see, or hear, the problem really. The bass in mine distorts the rear view mirror when I crank it up!

Let me know how you set it up and I'll give it a try myself. I haven't touched the mid, just bass and treble up but no to max on either.
Bass +4
Mid +6 (max)
Treble 0 (neutral)

It still lacks punch for some of the very low bass frequencies, but I think it's fine for 99% of songs. The quality's actually pretty good for an OE setup!

Back