• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Any other power mods worth doing?

I know it's an age old question but are there any other power mods worth doing if I don't want to decat the car?
I've done 2.5" catback and tegiwa induction kit with k100. Currently at 215bhp and 155lbft.

I like the idea of an RBC but am not sure what difference it will make without changing the exhaust manifold.

If you're wanting the 250ish mark then RBC, a 3" exhaust and a map should get you there.

I'd suggest the money would be better spent on a big brake kit, tyres, geometry setup etc. Far more fun ways of making your car fast.

To be honest having driven a 200, 220 and 240 bhp civic.

Theres really not alot in it.

Basic map at 215 with more midrange is more than adequate.

When I was younger I knew brakes etc would improve the car but I just wanted more power.

After having 3 ep3's 215bhp is more than enough, with sorted brakes / handling you are laughing.

My current 350bhp car has become boring, turbo and torque are great fun for a good 6-9 months but now it feels slow..
The noises will never bore me though.

I wouldn't mind something more nimble that has to be worked a bit to have fun.

I say enjoy your 215 and work on other areas. LSD ;)

I’m with Jimbo. My DC5 was 256bhp with 204lbs torque. There was no vast difference between that and a friends EP3 that was 225bhp and 193lbs torque.
The only car I felt was vastly different was Dottys DC5 with the Rev marching on a KPro. If you were pootling along, VTec was normal. But if you planted it, it kicked in at 3400rpm (sic ?). It meant when you were hooning it, all the power was on tap.
If I had another K20, it’s something I’d look into straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers all. I've got some springs to go on and I'll be looking to improve the brakes. So an RBC would or wouldn't be worth it without changing to a race header? As long as I can get the best out of the car without decatting then I'm happy to do it.

Des’ EP3 with just an intake and exhaust keeps up with my 240 odd BHP FD2 in a straight line so don’t waste your money. If you want big power either charge it or change it.

Des’ EP3 with just an intake and exhaust keeps up with my 240 odd BHP FD2 in a straight line so don’t waste your money. If you want big power either charge it or change it.

Power to weight is probably similar though seeing as the FD2 is over 100kg heavier.

Not sure where you get that figure from, there’s about 60-70 KG between them.

Indeed, the fn2 is 1320, the fd2 is 1260. I hadn't noticed both on the same page :)
Still, power to weight will have some impact. What's the gearing like in the fd2?

Shorter than the EP3 due to the final drive.

Thing is, unless there's 50 + bhp difference then you won't notice much change on the road. Peak dyno numbers are a waste of time, it's all about the area under the graph.

Back