• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Braided Brake Lines.?

Looking to upgrade to braided lines....Initial thoughts were BFG as they always seem to have a good reputation and I fitted them to my BM's years ago.
Any suggestions or recommendations other than the above welcome. Thanks in advance... :D

I always use Goodridge or custom made. I’ve seen far too many HEL sets that don’t fit right.

i'm currently running Dreams lines (rebranded hel, even come in a hel box) on my fk2 and no issue with fitment. From a feel/visual aspect equal to my goodridge clutch line and if they werent branded i'd say they were all from the same manufacturer.

i've never had braided lines before so i dont have much experience, but i'd have no issues running any of them again.

Why are you looking to upgrade, out of interest?

Braided lines don't have much benefit over OEM (IMO).

https://youtu.be/6LJiPDAr9f8

I'd much sooner have OEM brake lines that have been tested in extreme conditions for tens of thousands of miles, than an aftermarket set that have been tested for a few weeks on one car (probably) then pushed to market...

Why are you looking to upgrade, out of interest?

Braided lines don't have much benefit over OEM (IMO).

Having used them in previous cars I prefer them as the pedal feel is a little better. To be honest (IMHO) I think they should be fitted as standard to the R.

Having used them in previous cars I prefer them as the pedal feel is a little better. To be honest (IMHO) I think they should be fitted as standard to the R.

I have had aftermarket lines on Elise's wear and rust after three or four years, so perhaps not a fit and forget, hence why main lie manufacturers don't fit them?

Okay for the track, overkill for the road?

if the lines are getting old and soft then a new set of originals will probably restore all the feel you need.

Back