• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 as a Daily (High Mileage) Driver??

To be honest, im only 20 years old. I knew insurance was going to be high. Im not moving out anytime soon. So yes, I am stretching my budget, however, all I ever talk/think about is cars! Ive dreamt of it ever since it came out. About 60% of my monthly salary will be going on the car. Maybe im just a crazy woman ;)

Just get an EP3 then. If I had an FK8 at 20 it'd be upside down in a bush somewhere.

My philosophy... You will always be remembered for having an amazing car, not an amazing house ;) the memories you make on the road outweigh everything else for me. Nothing beats a curvy B road while the sun is setting. Beautiful ;)

And once my FK8 is vinyl wrapped (Colour changing chrome ;) ) itll be even more of a stunner

Check out steph_southern (or something like that) on instagram for her rose gold wrapped fk8

have you changed the alloys on yours then? Im having real trouble finding any winter tires for it!
Yes the one im buying comes with a 5 year service plan THANK GOD!

Good to know someone else uses it as a daily driver, makes me feel better about it. Although, I am considering buying an old banger aswell for the brunt of commuting haha

When I was buying the car I also bought a full set of FK2 alloys onto which I put a set of Conti winter tyres. The FK2 wheels are slightly smaller than the FK8s, so winter rubber is a more sensible price. Otherwise they're identical - they even have the red stripe. I find oponeo.co.uk to be good for tyres.

I might be selling the car to fund the Tesla.

Neil.

When I was buying the car I also bought a full set of FK2 alloys onto which I put a set of Conti winter tyres. The FK2 wheels are slightly smaller than the FK8s, so winter rubber is a more sensible price. Otherwise they're identical - they even have the red stripe.

I find oponeo.co.uk to be good for tyres. I might be selling the car to fund the Tesla.

Neil.

Oh no why you getting rid of it?? For a tesla???!!!

When I was buying the car I also bought a full set of FK2 alloys onto which I put a set of Conti winter tyres. The FK2 wheels are slightly smaller than the FK8s, so winter rubber is a more sensible price. Otherwise they're identical - they even have the red stripe.

I find oponeo.co.uk to be good for tyres. I might be selling the car to fund the Tesla.

Neil.

Can the mods please ban Beilly immediately?! :D Model 3 or something which can show most supercars a clean pair of heels?

Respect to you mate, but all electrics leave me cold, I am gonna be the latest adopter ever...

Can the mods please ban Beilly immediately?! :D Model 3 or something which can show most supercars a clean pair of heels?

Respect to you mate, but all electrics leave me cold, I am gonna be the latest adopter ever...

In my defence, if the Civic goes its only because I've decided to keep my GT-R Track Edition instead. So I've not gone over to the dark side completely ;-)

In many ways it's a massive compliment to the type R that it is competing with a GT-R for my affections. Before the FK8 this would have been a no-brainer.

Jees, there was me wondering if the profile pic was 'aspirational'!! Fair play, love the GTR, not got a Litchfield or the like on it has it?

You raise a good point though, as ridiculous as it may sound, the GTR and Tesla have more in common than most. Technology, Performance, 4wd, automatic…. keep the civic to keep your hand in!

Jees, there was me wondering if the profile pic was 'aspirational'!! Fair play, love the GTR, not got a Litchfield or the like on it has it?

You raise a good point though, as ridiculous as it may sound, the GTR and Tesla have more in common than most. Technology, Performance, 4wd, automatic…. keep the civic to keep your hand in!

Haha. That was my thinking as well, but my wife makes a very valid point... If I get rid of the GT-R I'll regret it. It was bought as a keeper and is one of only 2 of this spec and colour in the UK. The other was bought by Litchfield to use as the genesis for the Litchfield Track Edition model.

(To answer your question: my car is standard apart from nose-to-tail Xpel PPF and ceramic coating. The (Nissan) Track Edition already has the Nismo bonded chassis / Nismo wheels and suspension / titanium exhaust as standard so I haven't felt the need to modify it. Litchfield's power mods to their TE have produced - in my opinion - a car as good as the Nismo but for £50k less.)

Decisions decisions.
Neil.

Edited to add:
PS
Yes, it's a Model 3 Performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh I completely overlooked the Track edition part..I was only reading about this the other month...awesome.

Yeah, see ya later Civic, ya munter :lol:

Yeah had me confused, unless you're pre op :D

So you've got your car miss v already?

Hahahah! Wow thanks for the compliment ;)
No not yet! Been a few issues money-wise but should all be sorted by next Monday (which is when I'm going to be picking it up). Also doesn't help I'm on holiday at the moment hahaha

Just back from a 6 day 1800 mile European tour. The Civic was great (with the exception of my 'ring comment on the other thread) and very comfortable to do long distances in. Rock solid on the Autobahn and comfort mode works a treat on the crap Belgian roads. I'm at 24k miles in 15months. Service pack helps!

1600 miles a month is good going! I'm planning to take mine to Europe soon, looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Back