• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Radiator

fmp

Hey guys,

I managed to get a small hole in my rad at a Brands track day yesterday. Appears to be pretty small, behind the grille. I am going to rad weld it and hope it holds for now.

But long term I want to replace the rad (plus its also 17 years old!).

whats the best choice? Something like the Tegiwa alloy one? Or just go for a regular replacement?

The car is a daily driver, but it will see the odd track day (now I have the bug back!)

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

When mine got punctured, I went with a fairly priced aftermarket replacement. It was very easy to fit, and has been fine ever since, temps are where they should be. For a daily driver, or dominant road use, it's ok. The stock cooler size on EP3s is huge anyway, no matter how hot it was outside, my temp gauge never moved above half way. If I kept mine as a trackday-weekend car, I would go for an oil cooler first, rather than an expensive water cooler.
IMG_20190409_193414.jpg
IMG_20190409_200516.jpg

yes, the upper and lower tanks are plastic or a composite material of some sort.

turned out that mine had just cracked and perished over time, rather than the radiator core being punctured.

Back