• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jdm kph to mph conversion

Hello,
I just got myself a jdm civic and the speedo reads in kph but obviously in the uk I want mph,
The garage I bought it from said it’s a easy job to do something to do with the gearbox cable?
Does anyone have a link of what I need to buy and what to do?

Thanks

You'd need to either:
  1. Get a km/h->mph electronic adapter which sits behind the instrument cluster and adjusts the ~1.6x pulses to 1 pulse
  2. Replace the gearbox cog for the sensor and the cluster so that the pulses from the box come out as miles and the dash is in miles

In my opinion the latter is preferable, but a bit more costly and I don't know whether the odometer reading is stored on the cluster or in the ECU (a problem in both cases)

If you do choose the latter, I might be interested in buying the cog and cluster from you

You'd need to either:
  1. Get a km/h->mph electronic adapter which sits behind the instrument cluster and adjusts the ~1.6x pulses to 1 pulse
  2. Replace the gearbox cog for the sensor and the cluster so that the pulses from the box come out as miles and the dash is in miles

In my opinion the latter is preferable, but a bit more costly and I don't know whether the odometer reading is stored on the cluster or in the ECU (a problem in both cases)

If you do choose the latter, I might be interested in buying the cog and cluster from you

Thanks for the reply, I don’t suppose you have a link for the items you said about do you?

Is it a fresh import? I would be getting the garage to complete all of this work.

Is it a fresh import? I would be getting the garage to complete all of this work.

It is a fresh import yes, I was just impatient and wanted the car there and then, the garage said they could do it no problem but it’s a 3.5 hour drive back there

Back