• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Buzz / Rattle at 2000RPM?

Have noticed a strange buzzy noise at 2000RPM.
No noise under 2k, and it stops just beyond 2k.
It sounds like a high frequency rattle and is unbelievably difficult to locate. It is "definitely" driver side but sometimes sounds like it's coming from B pillar beside seatbelt and other times the A pillar.

Has anyone else experienced this and, more importantly, cured it?

The car is going for 18000mile service soon and it would be great to be able to point the dealership towards the solution (assuming I can't just do it myself).

Thanks
Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
I have exactly the same thing mainly on the passenger side A pillar. I was going to pop the trim off and see what could be causing the noise, maybe add some foam pads if it's cabling rattling.

Shall report back shortly! I'm at home today so I'll see how tricky it is to get the trim off.

Mine does it at 3200rpm, either side it’s fine. I think it’s coming from the door speaker. I just power through it! :lol:

Yeah most of us have it, front speaker/dash rattle, a pillar rattle. Does it more when it's cold. I am used to it now. If you do take the a pillar trim off, be bare full not to set the airbag off...:)

Yeah most of us have it, front speaker/dash rattle, a pillar rattle. Does it more when it's cold. I am used to it now. If you do take the a pillar trim off, be bare full not to set the airbag off...:)

I guess no-one has traced the source / found a solution yet?

A chap on here did it recently but I cant find the thread (ok have not searched that hard). He took apart the interior bits and bobs and then foam padded in the gaps and it worked

Back