• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Civic FN2 - 2007

Hi all,

My names Tom and I'm a relatively new owner of an FN2 Type R although I've owned EP3's, MR2 Turbo's (4!!!), Imprezas etc along the way.

This one came about and after viewing, I decided it was in fairly decent shape and to work as a platform to build on.

Modifications as below:
- Lowered 40mm by the looks of it
- 'Mugen' (fugen..) spoiler on the rear
- Aftermarket exhaust
- TTS induction with new K+N filter, new silicone hoses and I fabricated a bracket as the previous owner had left it in a state just hanging. OG filter had holes in the lot. Bin it!
- Mugen Gear knob with the gaitor fixed so it no longer sags down.
- Pioneer headunits with steering controls
- LED footwell mod
- Dodgy tow hook which I'm leaving on there as I'll take it on the track in the next month or so.
- Team HEKO wind deflectors

The car itself had a clutch before I bought it and is the quietest sounding K20 I've heard to date.

Handles amazingly, I've replaced both droplinks and ARB bushings up front due to a knock but it's really the best handling car I've had.

Mods on the way:
- TB coolant bypass as I want rid of the piping thats next to the CAI.
- Ferodo pads up front
- Rear disks at some point
- Roof re-wrapped
- New wing mirrors (wrapped as paint wasn't great)
- Speaker system in the cabin I would like to overhaul as it doesn't sound the best.

Anyway, look forward to catching up with you all at some point.

Tom.

Pics:

Civic Type R - BL07 ERS by Tom Parker, on Flickr

Ignore the dodgy parking!!!

:)

Back