• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Winter tyres

I'll be getting smaller wheels after I've moved. The roads around me are littered with potholes and once the rain comes you don't even know they're there, until you've hit one. Also, cheaper tyres are a plus :D

How has your FK8 been so far with potholes? No major damage im assuming?

Needed a new tyre, no actual wheel damage yet.

Have you picked yours up or got a date when you are?

Picking mine up monday. Never driven one before. Honda wouldnt let me test drive one because im under 21 hahah. No dealer is insured for me!! Sucks but im so excited/nervous about driving it for the first time eeek

Yeah they were larger than your average, but other cars with smaller wheels and larger tyre walls would have been fine. The 20" with the rubber bands tyres are very vulnerable...

Which is why I am changing mine to 18" rims as soon as it comes out of the Dealers.
I ran a Jag on 20'' rims with 30 series tyres & it was pain with punctures & worrying about potholes the whole time.
Totally impractical in my opinion for the roads we have in this country.

Picking mine up monday. Never driven one before. Honda wouldnt let me test drive one because im under 21 hahah. No dealer is insured for me!! Sucks but im so excited/nervous about driving it for the first time eeek

I hope you like it then! One thing that takes getting used to is judging the width of it, it feels really wide in there. Plus when all the sensors start going off while you're squeezing through a gap doesn't help matters.

Which dealers did you try? Who are you buying from?

You will be fine, its very easy to drive and can feel a little tame at first. Like Archer says, be wary of the safety systems, especially the auto braking feature..it will slam on the anchors if it thinks you're gonna crash which can be inaccurate and scare the hell out of you.

Still gonna pray for you a little bit though :lol:

You will be fine, its very easy to drive and can feel a little tame at first. Like Archer says, be wary of the safety systems, especially the auto braking feature..it will slam on the anchors if it thinks you're gonna crash which can be inaccurate and scare the hell out of you.

Still gonna pray for you a little bit though :lol:

That happened yesterday when I tried overtaking a cyclist. Slammed the brakes on while I was alongside them :lol:

That happened yesterday when I tried overtaking a cyclist. Slammed the brakes on while I was alongside them :lol:

:D bet the cyclist had a brown trouser moment, "what did I do!"

I turned it off, it was more likely someone was going to crash up my backside cos of it rather than me into someone in front... (famous last words)

I hope you like it then! One thing that takes getting used to is judging the width of it, it feels really wide in there. Plus when all the sensors start going off while you're squeezing through a gap doesn't help matters.

Which dealers did you try? Who are you buying from?

Well thats going to be fun then hahaha! I live on the South Coast of the UK so tried Brighton Honda and also tried Lincoln honda as im up here at the moment. But eventually decided on a non-honda dealer in Farnham selling one he got as a part ex. Its a 68 plate in polished metal, 5yr service plan and for under 26k a bargain!!
Im planning on getting some bits of it wrapped in Carbon Fibre, and of course a front and rear dashcam, tracker, personal plate and new tires of course etc. Lots of £££ needed but worth it in my humble honda loving opinion

I turned it off, it was more likely someone was going to crash up my backside cos of it rather than me into someone in front... (famous last words)

Oh make sure you touch wood after saying that haha :'D we dont want a post tomorrow from you titled "Turned off safety braking system and wrapped my FK8 round a lamp post' do we haha

I think, after much thought, im going to go with a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres. They have a great wet rating and seem to be a good all rounder ??

I've thought about turning it off, but as soon as I do that I'll need it!
Too embarrassed to look at the cyclist, just booted it out of there.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Well thats going to be fun then hahaha! I live on the South Coast of the UK so tried Brighton Honda and also tried Lincoln honda as im up here at the moment. But eventually decided on a non-honda dealer in Farnham selling one he got as a part ex. Its a 68 plate in polished metal, 5yr service plan and for under 26k a bargain!!
Im planning on getting some bits of it wrapped in Carbon Fibre, and of course a front and rear dashcam, tracker, personal plate and new tires of course etc. Lots of £££ needed but worth it in my humble honda loving opinion
Sounds like you got a good deal then, also the best colour too!

you have a mix of tyres on at one time?
yep, wanted to run back to back. Nokians seem better 95% of the time, but bridgestones seemed grippier in the heavier snow. i'm running different front/rear in summer too including for trackdys (ps4s rear, cup2's front) and cant say i agree with those who make a big fuss about mismatched set. at the time i wasnt sure about 4s's or cup2, so bought a pair each a month apart. both have their pro's and cons. i'm going with cup2s in the future.

You got any links to some all season tyres?? The tread on the FK8 i have now is very near illegal limit i think. They definately need replacing. Ive been looking at the Michelin Pilot Sports aswell... they good in wet?

i havent done much research yet as i still have another 2 winters to go before i've worn my winter set out. Michelin CrossClimate seems to be the ones that i think of immediately.

I had Michelin CrossClimates on my Focus. They're OK, nothing wrong with them, but they are not a performance tyre and never will be.

I think you would be disappointed in an FK2/FK8 come the warmer months with the lack of outright grip you get from a decent summer tyre.

I've thought about turning it off, but as soon as I do that I'll need it!
Too embarrassed to look at the cyclist, just booted it out of there.

That means that you didn't use a car's width to overtake the cyclist... Naughty...

yep, wanted to run back to back. Nokians seem better 95% of the time, but bridgestones seemed grippier in the heavier snow. i'm running different front/rear in summer too including for trackdys (ps4s rear, cup2's front) and cant say i agree with those who make a big fuss about mismatched set. at the time i wasnt sure about 4s's or cup2, so bought a pair each a month apart. both have their pro's and cons. i'm going with cup2s in the future.

i havent done much research yet as i still have another 2 winters to go before i've worn my winter set out. Michelin CrossClimate seems to be the ones that i think of immediately.

I had issues with the same conti with or without a lip, let alone different makes! But I am seeking help for it..

Back