• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Popping sound from nearside front

Hi everyone,
Yesterday i went for a run in my ctr fk2 gt.I usually cover around 30 miles or so.I had done approx 17 miles and was on my way home driving on a straight fairly smooth road with a few bumps, when all of a sudden I heard a loud popping sound which seemed to come from the front nearside of the car , the popping sound was actually 3 loud pops.At first I thought the suspension had broke, but the car was driving and handling as it has always done superbly.Driving the rest of the way home the noise never reoccurred and as I say went over bumps fine and the handling was as it has always been.
Since then i've been racking my brains as to what could have caused the noise, did i run over a manhole cover? Or could it be the exhaust popping ?or could it be the top suspension mount rubber,as i'd read about this occurring on the 8th gen civics but not the 9th gen.
I just wanted to ask if any fellow members have had a similar experience or shed any light on what it may be?
I looked today briefly under the front at the passenger suspension strut to see if there was any oil maybe a leak from the strut but i couldn't see anything .So i'm puzzled as to the cause of the noise. Before i take it to my Honda dealer to my cost of £95.00 for them to investigate any problems i thought i'd ask fellow members for their help.
I will however over the course of the next few weeks see if the noise occurs again .
My car is a 2015 fk2 gt and have not had a problem during the 10 months i've had it.
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah ive heard that as well, i presumed it was small stones getting picked up by the tyre and thrown against the wheel arch liner, as my works car park has some loose stones, and it was always when i was leaving work i heard it
ive not heard it in months so its not worrying me anymore

Back