• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Strakes (Wind deflectors)

Hi, Today I went for a spin in my ctr fk2 gt I drove over a rise in the road only to be followed with a dip which compressed the front suspension as a result there was some downward pressure and the strakes came into contact with the road also scraped which seemed loud in side the car. When I got home I checked both strakes the drivers side is fine but the passenger side has a slight gap between itself and the panel above to which it's attached probably due to slight stressing
As the strakes are air deflectors do you think the gap in the passenger side and no gap in the drivers side will effect the aerodynamics between the drivers and passenger side? Am I being paranoid or have i nothing to be concerned about?
The strakes are the flaps that hang downward in front of both front wheels.
Regards Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
I very much doubt this will cause a problem Fred :)

Although if you ever have gearbox issues then Honda will probably blame this :lol:

Can you get some pics ?

Regards,Mark.

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply, yes i've got photo's but dont know how to post them on here. I've clicked on the green logo above, them it referrs to url. I'm using an Android phone. Cheers fred. Ive been looking at the photo's again this morning and although there is a gap between the two panels above that the delectors are attached to the difference is only a fraction so should be ok. The underside had been caught by the previous owner on both sides so the difference might have been there when i bought the car. I did have a look but until you do bottom out, you then get the torch and have a very close look.
Thanks for your opinion.
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply, yes i've got photo's but dont know how to post them on here. I've clicked on the green logo above, them it referrs to url. I'm using an Android phone. Cheers fred. Ive been looking at the photo's again this morning and although there is a gap between the two panels above that the delectors are attached to the difference is only a fraction so should be ok. The underside had been caught by the previous owner on both sides so the difference might have been there when i bought the car. I did have a look but until you do bottom out, you then get the torch and have a very close look.
Thanks for your opinion.
Regards Fred.

Alternatively, if you can on your phone, download Tapatalk and send via that

BTW I'm 44 & have never had a mobile phone...If I can post pics then anyone can :lol:
44! I'm 67 next Lol. I will sort and also upload pictures of my polished metal metallic ctr gt. I got pestered the other day by A virgin media salesman. He looked at my car and said he was looking for A young man to which I replied "youre looking at him" and its the car thats keeping me young Lol. Regards fred

Alternatively, if you can on your phone, download Tapatalk and send via that
Thanks for your help i' ll do thats as quite a few members on here use it. By the way an excellent choice of colour mine is the same. Regards Fred.

Back