• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

While I'm having the CAM chain replaced

Hey,

My ep3 has just hit 100k and I'm going to get the cam chain replaced/serviced. Whilst the heads off I thought it would be a good idea to get a set of drop in cams. I bought a set of DC5 Cams in the end.
I'm just wondering if theres any other mods I could do seeing as its going to get mapped for the new cams?

I currently have 243.5bhp and 182lb torque

Mods are
  • Kpro
  • RBC Inlet
  • GruppeM
  • DC5 Manifold and Cat
  • Fujitsubo Legalis R

I have been told
  • Dont bother with a RRC as its really no better than my RBC
  • A bigger throttle body would help
  • Bigger injectors would help

What do you guys think

I think all would help but probably not make much difference. What duty cycle are your injectors running at? If above 90% that would be what I would look to change. You could also sell me your rbc for a pittance and buy an rrc :p

I think all would help but probably not make much difference. What duty cycle are your injectors running at? If above 90% that would be what I would look to change. You could also sell me your rbc for a pittance and buy an rrc :p

Thanks for the info.

The RBC, I probably paid less for it new that theyre worth 2nd hand. I bought it from the states before they became popular new £180 with hondata gasket

my best bargain has to be my Fujitsubo Legalis R - 2nd hand bargain of the century - £180. it looked knackered and turned out it was just dirt

Sounds like a nicely spec'd EP3. Would see more gains with 3inch catback and decat but for your current mods I'd be pleased with the power. If it was me I would personally stick to current exhaust set up that you have. However if you're getting rid of you DC5 manifold & cat drop me a PM ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
DC5 mani and cat are reasonably good. A DC sports manifold would be an upgrade though! Goes well with a 3" exhaust and RBC you should be able to see over 260bhp

Yeah its a de-cat though, I dont like the idea of my insurance being invalid and the yearly MOT.

Back