• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

Looking in the manual Honda say that roof bars are not compatable with the Type R model. As such the factory fit mounts in the gutter are not there, or at least are covered with the full length plastic trim.
My thoughts are that honda didn't like the prospect of someone doing 160mph on the auto bahn and having their roof box fall off. Just because they don't recommend roof bars and have made it so the factory ones cannot be fitted, it doesn't mean that aftermarket bars cannot. After all the basic shell of the Type R is the same as the std car, be it stiffened and with extra aero bolted on.
The Thule system is specific to the roofline of the car and used shaped feet to suit. It then clamps on around the door frame. Previous experience with Thule bars is that they are well made and excellently thought out so I've no worries about their rigidity when fitted.
I guess where I'm going is can someone think of another reason why they shouldn't work for example the roof being made of old kitkat wrappers to save weight?

Cheers,
Mark.

I've seen a few pictures of European ones with bars on so would say it's fine, I think even with standard models you have to cut the trim to expose the holes so I wonder if they're there on the R

Are they roof racks or extra spoilers?!

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Back