• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Limited slip diff - options??

Looking to purchase an LSD for my EP3. I drive the car daily and currently do not have plans to take it on the track yet. I have been looking at an MFactory Helical LSD as this seems the best option for me. Does anyone have any other LSD's that they have used or are currently using and recommend?

My friend has a Mfactory Helical LSD in his EK civic and it pulls round corners great.

I have an OEM Honda b-series slippy diff for sale. Will fit a K-series with a small mod (google will tell you more).

I used to run the Quaife Helical ATB diff in my EP3, loved it.

Thanks Hazz. I'm sure I've read about people using B series LSD's in K20 boxes before, maybe it was on k20a.org I can't really remember. Interested to know more about this so I'll definitely look into it:cool:

M factory do a kit I think. Probably best to speak to gribsoeed or area motorsports as they both do countless gearbox repairs and are regarded as the best in the business.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Grinspeed can supply and fit the Mfactory, shimmed correctly (key to reliability), with new bearings.

Unfortunately I’m in Scotland so Grinspeed is not an option for me. My friend will be building the box for me I just need to source all of the parts.

I’ve tried to message Area Motorsport before for advice and they never replied.

Grinspeed to a box exchange service. Up to you.

They are also Mfactory Europe so will supply parts to you.

I have decided on an Mfactory Helical LSD and will be purchasing this and renewing all the bearings and seals in the box.

Tis a good choice and what I'm running in the mini. It's better than the Honda one. Did you go for racepack or road spec?

If its any help, I've got the race pack and it's not overly severe for the road. Not that I've driven the normal one for any reference.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts did you buy yours from and how much was it? Does anyone know if there is much of an increase between the road LSD and the racepack?

Same price. I got mine through grinspeed. I think it was about £580, I'll see if I've got a receipt knocking around. I'm on the racepack too.

Nice one cheers Hazz. I had a look at the Grinspeed website and never seen the option for just the diff on it's own instead of a the drive in /drive out service that they offer. Do they sell just the diff?

EDIT: I've found it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back