• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Oil leak

So according to my MOT tester I have a slight oil leak. He wasn't able to tell me where from though.

I'm going to borrow my mates ramp and have a look. Any common areas to check first?

I have noticed its using more oil but I just put that down to the pcv vale needing changing, Haven't found a single drop of oil under the car after its been parked.

Cheers

Usual places are rocker cover, oil filter, can chain inspection cover but equally could be from anywhere and it can get flicked around by a driveshaft so you might have to clean it down, do a few miles and look again.

Usual places are rocker cover, oil filter, can chain inspection cover but equally could be from anywhere and it can get flicked around by a driveshaft so you might have to clean it down, do a few miles and look again.

Cheers loxy looks like its coming from the rocker cover

I thought it was the rocker cover seal but my mechanic said its from the oil filter area ., Going to get it up on a ramp and have a proper look

Hmmm. Check the obvious, oil filter seal. Could be from the vtec solenoid, above the oil filter. There's a gasket that can leak.

Back