• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Roadside reactions

What sort of reactions is eveeyone getting from onlookers?

Mine (as a midlifer 40 year old) have been pretty positive. My funniest was an older chap at the traffic lights driving a "purple" 2002 polo shaking his head at me in disgust :p
In his defence my kids were playing really loud music at the time but thought I'd roll down the window and ask for some feedback, he rolled his window up so I knocked politely on his window to no avail. Oh well I'll never truly know what was bothering him.

I will say one thing though it certainly gets attention.

Young boys!
I'm 59 in two weeks time, but 6' 4" and 17 stone, don't seem to get any strange reactions, not sure why.

Anyway by the time it's a problem I'm miles down the road.

I gotta say I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how positive people’s reactions have been. Some thumbs up and big grins.

Also surprised at how many people think it’s heavily modified and that it couldn’t possibly have come from the factory looking like that

I gotta say I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how positive people’s reactions have been. Some thumbs up and big grins.

Also surprised at how many people think it’s heavily modified and that it couldn’t possibly have come from the factory looking like that

100% agree with both statements, those that do commment only give positive. Fair enough there are those that won't and think it's hideous but only today at biggin hill VIP lounge (working not flying sadly) with a car park full of all sorts of ridiculous stuff, parking steward said "best car he'd seen all day."

Then another mush at Merc brooklands weekend or two back asked how much the car was to start with then how much I'd spent to make it look like that ha..simply didn't believe it came out of the factory like that

Even the noise tester at Cadwell thought it was modded.

Also discovered that the triple exhaust design works just the way Honda intended, it was quieter at 3500rpm (stationary limiter) than at idle!

Young boys!
I'm 59 in two weeks time, but 6' 4" and 17 stone, don't seem to get any strange reactions, not sure why.

Anyway by the time it's a problem I'm miles down the road.

You're still a young whippersnapper.
66 & just bought a new FK8 :D
Just bringing it home from the dealers last Friday & a guy in an M3 wanted a race!

:lol: Im 20 years old with a 68 plate FK8 in polished gun metal grey. For me, it definitely seems that men look and admire it the most. Older men especially (old compared to me anyway!! haha). I haven't had any questions about it yet or any negativity - just lots of admiration and pictures from guys haha.

I agree with people don't believe that it is all standard of the GT model, its just too good to be standard ;)

I have gotten 110mph out of it so far on a short A road... but I get scared and back out before 120!! aha.

Oh and I have raced a few motorcycles with it, but no car is really a match for a sports motorcycle haha. I do give them a good race though!

:lol: Im 20 years old with a 68 plate FK8 in polished gun metal grey. For me, it definitely seems that men look and admire it the most. Older men especially (old compared to me anyway!! haha). I haven't had any questions about it yet or any negativity - just lots of admiration and pictures from guys haha.

I agree with people don't believe that it is all standard of the GT model, its just too good to be standard ;)

I have gotten 110mph out of it so far on a short A road... but I get scared and back out before 120!! aha.

Oh and I have raced a few motorcycles with it, but no car is really a match for a sports motorcycle haha. I do give them a good race though!

if thats you in the picture are you sure its your car they are looking at?

Going through the gates at work the security guys always say hugely positive things about mine... and when stuck in traffic random people wind their windows down and have a chat saying how awesome the car looks/is. I have only had one guy say he didn't like it but he is a prize �� ��.

Back