• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My New FK2 (Bristol)

Hi all,

Picked up my FK2 on Saturday from Norton Way Honda. Really impressed with the handling of this car, it's like driving on rails..

Can anyone reccomend some of best modifications to start with, also best exhaust option as the standard one is little underwhelming..

Thanks

Ed

Attachments

• IMG-20190915-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190915-WA0003.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 44
Congrats! Best colour, enjoy the 20 minutes it will stay clean for! I’ve learnt to cherish it myself for that brief period

Dependent on how anti-social you want it to be, I’ve a Remus myself as it’s valved and it was my favourite sounding exhaust, would absolutely recommend an Eventuri as well then anything else is really dependant on if you’ll end up mapping it or not really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've cleaned it once already and plan to do the same again tonight! 100% the best colour, all sits well together in black. The only thing I dont like the are plastic rear door handles and the plastic that covers the section inbetween the doors. Might have to remove them and have them dipped. Has anyone done this yet?

I will map it when I get bored of the current power. So no long I'll check out the remus then, being able to be a little quite when I leave my street would be a bonus, can you really notice the difference? Might see if I can find a used eventuri on here as 1K for a intake seems pretty steep..

Yeah I've cleaned it once already and plan to do the same again tonight! 100% the best colour, all sits well together in black. The only thing I dont like the are plastic rear door handles and the plastic that covers the section inbetween the doors. Might have to remove them and have them dipped. Has anyone done this yet?

I will map it when I get bored of the current power. So no long I'll check out the remus then, being able to be a little quite when I leave my street would be a bonus, can you really notice the difference? Might see if I can find a used eventuri on here as 1K for a intake seems pretty steep..

It’s a nightmare to keep clean! It depends on your budget but you can get genuine carbon parts for those, although I don’t dislike them that much myself so have never really bothered looking too deeply in to them.

It’s weird, I’ve only ever heard it from the cabin, (I don’t let anyone else drive it) but I don’t think it gets quieter, although I’ve had friends who have heard it from the outside that attest to it being quieter closed, the only think I’ve noticed from in the cabin is opened, the exhaust has a very noticeable growl to it, closed you can’t hear the growl so it seems more sociable, but like I say, I have friends who have vouched for the increase/decrease in volume! As for the Eventuri that depends on your budget again, but it absolutely is worth every penny in my eyes but only you can decide that for yourself, you can always go the panel filter route but it won’t stand to benefit the car as much down the line if you do map it.

There’s plenty more you can do mod wise but outside of the noise from the exhaust and an Eventuri/panel filter there’s not much point doing the others until you plan to get it mapped! Maybe the T-valve but that’s not even a necessity.

Any ideas on the best place to find them? It's something I would 100% invest in. They are literally the only part of the car I dont like the look of.

Ok sounds good, I'll see what else I can find online about the remus system. See if there is any vids on YouTube that might give me some idea of the sound. I've read alot of good things about the eventuri so that seems the first thing to do. It has a K&N panel filter in already but I want something that looked good in the bay and made a real difference to the performance. Thanks for the advice.

Probably get it mapped in 6 months or so, gives me enough time to get the exhaust and intake done first.

Ebay if I remember right, can’t remember the sellers profile name.

Videos of the Remus aren’t the most flattering, it’s definitely one you need to see in person if you can!

If you plan to stage 1 then that’s all you’ll really need, stage 2 and you’ll need to look at intercooler and decay/high flow cat ideally!

Ebay if I remember right, can’t remember the sellers profile name.

Videos of the Remus aren’t the most flattering, it’s definitely one you need to see in person if you can!

If you plan to stage 1 then that’s all you’ll really need, stage 2 and you’ll need to look at intercooler and decay/high flow cat ideally!

Found some good stuff on Ebay. Also found a website called carbon my ride. They have some decent stuff on there for the interior.

I watched a couple last night and I think the miltek system sounds the best in videos. Need to see some in person really.

Stage 1 should be enough. I use it as a daily so dont need crazy power.

Found some good stuff on Ebay. Also found a website called carbon my ride. They have some decent stuff on there for the interior.

I watched a couple last night and I think the miltek system sounds the best in videos. Need to see some in person really.

Stage 1 should be enough. I use it as a daily so dont need crazy power.

Carbon my ride is good, carbonzone poland on Facebook is another good one, he does a load of stuff that no one else does as well, I got a carbon civic badge off him it’s really good quality.

Definitely try get out and see them if you can like I say I think the Remus sounds pretty rubbish on videos but I love mine to bits in person.

have you thought about just replacing the middle section of your exhaust?
i replaced mine with a tegiwa b pipe which takes out the 2 middle resonators, and im very happy with the results for a third of the price of a full system
you can then put the extra cash you saved towards a new clutch and flywheel which you will probably need after your remap due to the clutch slipping with the extra torque you will gain through the map
the tuner i intend taking mine to claim they have done a stage 2 remap on an fk2 to around 380 bhp with no clutch slip, but most owners ive spoken to that have had a stage 1 remap done do suffer from the clutch slipping
i was intending to get mine mapped this month but as i use mine as my daily and dont want it sitting in the driveway broken ill wait till i have the cash for a new clutch

Martelius exhaust if you want asbo :smt023,
RE: Mapping , Tread very carefully quite a few mapped are popping up with issues lately,
Clutch, there's a couple of owners on here running aftermarket, import only I think and don't forget ours is a DMF but will take a SMF which is decent

Last edited by a moderator:
im with dweezle on the remapping: you have a fast, unique looking car just now, "if it aint bust dont fix it", except for the exhaust and maybe intake/ filter just try to live with 300+ angry horses
im now intending to get a smf clutch, an intercooler and a t mod next year and remapped at the same time so i know the clutch can handle everything my tuner throws at it
on another note, my mate got his black gti ceramic coated last week and the results are astonishing, better than showroom condition, blacker than black and shinier than shiny
yours would look so good with that done

Back