• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best online quotes

Hey all!

So the issue is this. I'm moving house and apparently by moving less than 5 miles away from my current house has meant that my current insurer wants an extra £158 for the remaining 8 months.

I'm undecided to either pay it and leave them next year when it's up or get a refund and go with a new insurer.

Which insurers have people been pleased with and come in at good prices?

Just pay it, you're more than likely going to lose what you will have to pay when you factor in cancellation fees, 4 months NCB you'd lose etc. Sadly they have you by the balls in situations like this.

Go for a few quotes and see if they taking the p*ss.

If other insurers are being "sensible" then go back and threaten to leave if they don't think again.

I did it with Greenflag this month and suddenly they found £20 they didn't need from a £140 renewal.

Have you tried Direct Line? Still finding their prices hard to beat.

I did try direct line, but they were more than twice as much as my cheapest quote (Churchill). Like Chris, I've never found them competitive.

Think I might have to bite the bullet and pay the £158.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I did try direct line, but they were more than twice as much as my cheapest quote (Churchill). Like Chris, I've never found them competitive.

Think I might have to bite the bullet and pay the £158.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Call them and mention that you will most certainly leave them at the end of the insurance period because of this and they will probably lower the extra a bit. Be nice to the agent, that always helps! I got my 5 year NCB mirrored on the Fiesta ST after having a long chat with the agent when I was insuring it.

I don't understand how you could face an increase if you are not changing post codes...

You'll lose this year's bonus if you jump ship early and if you're paying monthly there may be very little left by way of refund (depending on the term left). If you'd like a quote come renewal time we'd be happy to help.

I’ve never had a competitive quote from Direct Line.

Don't think they like any mods.
Also I'm an old fart so better risk than you guys (???)

I tried A Plan and Flux and got silly quotes compared to DL.

Back