• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The search is over...

Just got back with what is now my FN2 (Non-GT)

2009, 91k, FSH and MOT'd until May.

Got a few little jobs to tidy it up but overall it is very clean.

Jobs I am wanting to get done ASAP are as follows:

Thoroughly clean, polish & wax including filling in a few of the stone chips.

Swap out the crappy gear knob for a genuine Type R ball knob.

Change the front brake pads.

Change the gearbox oil.

Adjust the biting point for the clutch.

Remove the non standard HID kit and put back to standard.

Absolutely loved the drive home and looking forward to getting stuck in on Saturday.

d683db52f3b018ce496b7a913b619878.jpg
ec72c861e0f7bc1f83468d8d220eb20b.jpg
16be305a502058342348dc0ca12d064f.jpg
6a8a3bfed948927e42044379e414556b.jpg
ff1eefb352e2fa48a27b507e9a4bdf4a.jpg
9ec8842c09d54fa50015c58bd35a7cd8.jpg

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, looks very clean!

Are those scoops where the fog lights should be? (can't tell from the pic)

Any mods?

Nice one.

Before you change gear knob you might want to consider these:

https://www.mtech-engineering.co.uk/honda

The standard one lets your fingers rub over the gaiter which will eventually wear out and look awful.
These are taller and keep your fingers off it, also don't have to reach down to the knob.

Nice, looks very clean!

Are those scoops where the fog lights should be? (can't tell from the pic)

Any mods?
Thanks.

No mods....... Yet. Other than an aftermarket set of HIDs and the gear knob. Both of which will be getting returned back to OEM.

I thought that the non-GTs did not come with fogs as standard, they certainly don't look aftermarket and there is no fog light switch in the cabin.

Thanks.

No mods....... Yet. Other than an aftermarket set of HIDs and the gear knob. Both of which will be getting returned back to OEM.

I thought that the non-GTs did not come with fogs as standard, they certainly don't look aftermarket and there is no fog light switch in the cabin.

Fog light switch is on the left hand stalk.
There must be one at the rear so must be a switch.

Fog light switch is on the left hand stalk.
There must be one at the rear so must be a switch.
I didn't actually look on the stalk.. Duh!!!! Come from a mini which has the retro style buttons below the head unit.... I will check when I get home.

Thanks.

Ah, yeah you are probably right. Personally, I think the front end looks better without the fog lights.

I have checked and I was correct no fog lights as standard. The stalk just has the rear fog light position.

No reason really. I wasn't overly bothered about all the gadgets. Plus surely it's faster as it's lighter?....

But seriously I just wanted something at a good price point for taking for a blast to the coast on a weekend etc. Always wanted a Type R Honda as having had an Integra DC2, an Accord Type R, two EP3 Type Rs and another FN2 Type R in the family I thought it was my turn to see what the fuss was about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got bored after another early finish... Quick hoover, wash, clay and wax.

Looking better already. All my orders should start arriving end of this week. Now including brake pads for front and rear. Another job for the list.....
3e2f68a367f1e9d5ab6123024af0a4bb.jpg

I can see it now........

Big brake kit
cold air induction
de-cat exhaust
lowering springs
coilovers..........

Only joking, that's how mine is apart from a few bits of bling and convenience items (Nextbase DAB radio adapter & LED lighting)

Would recommend an HKS panel filter though.
Runs dry so no oil like K&N and you can wash it out if it gets too dirty.

Also gas struts for the bonnet - SUSTEC HD009

Thanks, I did think the bonnet would benefit from gas struts.

The OEM heading is a little underwhelming and sounds very tinny.

Back