• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100

Getting K100 fitted next week and been told immoboliser will cut out. Is there anyway of keeping the immo i.e. taking it to Honda dealer once K100 is fitted to get it recoded.

Whos fitting it?
Usually the keys etc get re programmed the same time as fitting and mapping.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Whos fitting it?
Usually the keys etc get re programmed the same time as fitting and mapping.

Getting it mapped from J.Cal (Jessie) will ask him if it is something he can do. If not would it be better to then get the k100 piggy backed onto the original ecu

I would imagine that you would need to take it somewhere else after mapping then to get the keys recoding etc.

You could always ask him for his input seems he is mapping it for you, he should point you in the right direction.

K100 is tricky as you can have immo on or off and not easy to change the settings. He is most probably supplying you with an ecu from another vehicle with K100 fitted and switching immo off, which leaves you with the flashing key.

Ideally you'd need immo turned on for the new ecu and then get Honda to code it, but it leaves you stranded. With a kpro you can turn it on yourself with a laptop so makes it easier to code afterwards.

Easiest way would be to send your ecu off to have the K100 installed and then get it mapped after that. But if you're booked in already I'd see what Jesse would suggest, I'm not sure how it could be switched back on easily.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

K100 is tricky as you can have immo on or off and not easy to change the settings. He is most probably supplying you with an ecu from another vehicle with K100 fitted and switching immo off, which leaves you with the flashing key.

Ideally you'd need immo turned on for the new ecu and then get Honda to code it, but it leaves you stranded. With a kpro you can turn it on yourself with a laptop so makes it easier to code afterwards.

Easiest way would be to send your ecu off to have the K100 installed and then get it mapped after that. But if you're booked in already I'd see what Jesse would suggest, I'm not sure how it could be switched back on easily.

Thanks for the advice. Is there any major setbacks with having the immo off other then it being is to steal. I'm looking to get a Clifford fitted next month would that have it's own immo function?

The main one is the flashing green key symbol constantly. Obviously second behind the ease of stealing it!

The Clifford system will have its own bypass system as far as I know, so the start signal would be interrupted.

I wouldn't bother going to the effort TBH. They're not worth enough to warrant stealing. Also, compared with the ease of stealing modern keyless entry cars, is it really worth the effort of breaking in and hot wiring?

Yeh people are more likely to steal modern cars with keyless entry that can be stolen in seconds however for peace of mind I know if I never had an immobilizer I would have a kill switch wired just to be safe.

So am I right in that when I get the clifford fitted the car will then be immobolised via the clifford. I went ahead and got the K100 fitted as I couldnt send the original ecu off to het it piggy backed

i had the kpro fitted ,flashing grenn light ,unplugged it from the ignition barrel no flashing key anymore ,as said early on whos going to picnch civic these days ,got a full wheel lock on there if they get that off they can take it

Back