• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Dawn raid

so, woke up at 0430 this morning bright as a button, seen the weather was dry and calm and decided to go for a run in my car
threw on a pair of shorts and a t shirt and armed myself with a can of red bull and set off on a 70 ish mile round trip to largs and then followed the coast round to greenock and back home, a nice mix of a roads, b roads and dual carriageways
apart from a few deer i hardly seen a soul.
the trip took me around an hour, with a break for a smoke just as it got daylight (so peaceful listening to the waves break)
it was by far the most enjoyable blast ive had in my fk2 since i got it, due to the lack of other road users
+ r mode all the way with no other cars made me realise just how good the fk2 handles
it was so much fun i now intend doing this more, (weather permitting)
just wish i had done it sooner :D

Sounds like a good reason to get up at silly o'clock and you kept religiously to the speed limit of course?

Sounds like a good reason to get up at silly o'clock and you kept religiously to the speed limit of course?

well, ;)
under section 2 , paragraph 4 of the myway code it clearly states that under scottish law and for type r owners only, that speed restrictions on all scottish roads are lifted between the hours of 0430 - 0600, as long as due care and attention to other road users is adhered to outwith these times :lol:
for the most part i do drive my car like an old lady, this gave me the perfect opportunity to cast off my bloomers and give it the beans
it was scary in parts but thoroughly exhilarating
due to the shifts i work i wake up at that time most days, even on my days off, so this wont be my last early morning sortie

What an excellent legal argument. If I didn't live at the other end of the country I'd be up there with you.

i weirdly had the same yesterday when i goofed up the m1/m6 junction and headed off right down the A14 to Silverstone for btcc (should've gone left to m1). The back roads were blissfully quiet, made some proper smooth progress and the odd car i did meet that thinks 45 in a 60 is ok, plenty of room to pass.
i think i've found a new route to silverstone events that's for sure.

Back