• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Niggly rattle on cold start.

Hi,

Had my FN2 for a couple of weeks but looking for some advice before my paranoia gets the better of me & my wallet....

When I start the car after a couple of days of it being on the drive there is a slight rattle for a split second (literally the blink of an eye). The rattle is very quiet and does not sound too aggressive. In my mind I am thinking that this is either lack of oil in the valve train for a split second as it has all drained to the sump due to being sat for an extended period of time or a similar thing for the chain tensioner. Oil draining from it back into the sump.

Anyone else got any experience of this? Please tell me I'm not going mad and having nightmares of chain replacement already.... As it's still a new car to me I am still at that untrusting stage. Every little noise is like "What was that?!?!"

PS. Oil level is on max line.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless anyone else says different I would agree that its the oil having settled to the bottom.

If it goes away when the oil pressure is created it should not be a worry.

Thanks for the reply. Just gonna monitor and see what happens...

Might do a precautionary oil and filter just so that I know it has the correct oil in.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Back