• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help with knocking

Hi guys long time forum member and ep3 owner here....

I have a knocking noise when turning at low speeds or stationary and have taken it to 2 different garages that can't seem to see a problem and its doing my nut in.

I have had the following changed but still have the issue:

Shocks and springs
Track rod ends
Tie rods
Drop links
Atb bushes
Tops mounts are still good

Cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Forgot to add engine mounts done and balls joint thinking about it i don't know why i asked haha its got to be the steering rack

Pretty cheap to refurb the rack as well, in the grand scheme of things and makes a good difference. I did it on my EP3 it felt so nice to drive after, much more direct and solid feeling steering.

Pretty cheap to refurb the rack as well, in the grand scheme of things and makes a good difference. I did it on my EP3 it felt so nice to drive after, much more direct and solid feeling steering.
Im thinking its the drive shaft or somone has put the spring cups on wrong...the annoying thing is it doesn't do it some days......the steering itself feels perfect

Back