Home

Thread: genuine fk2 drivers side mat

Default genuine fk2 drivers side mat

my driver's side mat has 2 noticeable heel dents in it which I'm sure will wear through in the next couple of months.
    i went to my local honda dealer to try to buy the driver's side mat only as the other 3 mats have hardly seen any wear
    only to be told they sell them as a pack of 4 and won't split the pack. (bstards)
    after an extensive search on the net i've found hendyeshop sells the genuine driver's side mat for 42 quid
    it's still a bit steep for 1 mat that dosen't even have a heel pad, but better than buying a full set just for 1 mat

The mats are terrible considering the price they ask, my originals didn't last 6 months with heel holes appearing, would of been better off with cardboard.
    I now have 2 original sets in the wardrobe and also 2 sets of Mugen mats which are absolutely lush

Ye. I seen the mugen red ones. They do look nice. but the price? I carpeted my living room for the same price
    I got a cheap set from logo carmats for 35 quid which will do the winter. at least they came with a heal pad

i bought an aluminium plate from fleabay- along the lines of https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Qual...kAAOSwamBbWCf0
    saw the heal issue after only a few weeks so did something about it early on.

the carpet itself has dimples from the nuts used on the heel plate, but almost 4yrs later of daily use, it's not worn through.
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

5. The Following User Says Thank You to veehexx For This Useful Post:

Xplicit (08-10-2019)

That looks like a cheap effective solution.. thanks I'm going to get that

The FN2 mats are discontinued so some stealers are asking silly money on ebay shops.
    My local dealer sold me one at the proper price, still 42.

At some point the FK2 mats will go the same way, be warned.

when mine finally die I will look at these guys for the FN2:
    https://www.logocarmats.co.uk/produc...-type-r-logos/
    Wilmo
    FN2 CTR GT & 1.8 Si in Milano Red

thats the ones i bought wilmo, they are a good fit and look ok and a good deal for 35 quid, they will do for winter mats, and with the heal pad will last a lot longer than the genuine ones
    i ordered the drivers genuine mat as well from hendys and will buy that alloy plate to keep them good for the summers