• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

I thought you were trying for a rejection on this car?

Did you get refused or change your mind?

I thought you were trying for a rejection on this car?

Did you get refused or change your mind?

It's in progress mate, but I don't have high hopes for it working out as the finance company is absolutely useless. Also they can take up to eight weeks to do so.

That said, all issues have been resolved now so it's a matter of rejection based upon the hassle I've had to endure. I am enjoying it in the meantime :)

If all the issues have been fixed to your satisfaction then rejection option may be closed.
Some goodwill for all the hassle would be worth pursuing.

hope to see you at our next TRO meet when we get it sorted, we can forgive a slight aberration to Korean.

If you’re driving it about and “have it back” I don’t think there is intent for rejection.

When my first FK8 got rejected , it was with the dealer for 6-8 weeks and I never drove it again.

If you’re driving it about and “have it back” I don’t think there is intent for rejection.

When my first FK8 got rejected , it was with the dealer for 6-8 weeks and I never drove it again.

I've had it back for a while, they just have an 8 week period in which they do these cases and advised me to keep driving it if the faults are not major since I am paying for the thing. I needed to get to work anyway.

It's all a bit crazy really I mean, they sent an independent inspection party to come and diagnose the faults. The people were only informed of 2 issues, not 3 as I requested and they even told me that they can ONLY look at those 2 issues. Even if they spot anything else they cannot comment or document it, which is totally bonkers. The gentleman who test drove the car did not look like he has ever been in anything with more than 100hp or petrol for that matter, he was so clueless that he thought the steering knock was normal lol. It's why I have no hope that this will go through and ultimately will need to go through the FCA to get a proper action.

What bogs my mind is why on earth they decided to have an independent inspection when the dealer was more than willing to investigate it and confirm the faults, since they are the ones that caused half of them and have previously worked on the other faults it's had in the past...

I ll keep you guys updated on how it goes, but I logged this case on 19th December, it's now Feb and it's taken them this long to simply call the dealer and ask for fault breakdown and how many times the car has been there and to arrange the inspection...

If all the issues have been fixed to your satisfaction then rejection option may be closed.
Some goodwill for all the hassle would be worth pursuing.

hope to see you at our next TRO meet when we get it sorted, we can forgive a slight aberration to Korean.

When/where is the next meet bud so I can note it down?

Well today I got an unexpected call. Hyundai Finance have finally made a decision after 7 weeks of "investigation" and help from a third party which came to inspect the car.

I'm glad to report that it has worked out in my favour, the dealership has been presented the case and they have accepted the rejection for full refund incl. deposit and all monthly instalments. They will contact me to arrange vehicle drop-off, which I guess also gives me some time to remove the light mods I have on it (black badges, screen protector ect, N gel badges ect...)

Sort of have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I am happy that Hyundai FS finally saw the light and I will be compensated for my struggles, on the other I am a little sad as I actually enjoyed the car when it was working properly... Ah well.

Puts Honda to shame.

What next?

Every cloud has a silver lining.

What next -- FK8, Kia Stinger, Golf R..............?

No more hot hatches or anything Korean for that matter lol. Next car will most likely be RWD since AWD does not do it for me and my last 4 cars have been FWD.

I have something on my mind, depending on how this job opportunity works out that I am currently going through the interview process for, I might have something saucy in a few months.

I will need a daily though, something cheap, comfy and somewhat luxurious. I found a pretty nice spec Honda Accord 2.2 diesel, for around £1700 with sub 90k miles, but will explore all avenues and see what's out there.

Just curious why don't you get along with AWD?

The drama of fast launches in a straight line wears off and I love corners. AWD is sort of a cheat in that regard (for the cars that actually do it well), as it makes it too easy, almost too "safe" as to say. That said, I've seen plenty of RS3 owners in a ditch so it's not a "I win button".

The actual AWD cars I would want, are too expensive for me to buy and maintain (Evo 9 MR, R32 GTR, STI Hatch PP ect.)

Nothing else against it :)

Another M3 I bet.

Far from it :p

Skylines aren’t all that bad to maintain in my experience. It was more the fuel costs that made it unaffordable for me... using a GTR as a daily is a terrible idea. A terribly good idea.

No regrets (other than selling it a year too early and losing out on 10k profit)

The drama of fast launches in a straight line wears off and I love corners. AWD is sort of a cheat in that regard (for the cars that actually do it well), as it makes it too easy, almost too "safe" as to say. That said, I've seen plenty of RS3 owners in a ditch so it's not a "I win button".

The actual AWD cars I would want, are too expensive for me to buy and maintain (Evo 9 MR, R32 GTR, STI Hatch PP ect.)

Nothing else against it :)

Fair enough just curious that's all, I do love a RWD car.

I've never actually launched mine, I know that the one time if I do, I'll end up with an expensive bill!

AWD drifts feel pretty rewarding though.

Suppose I haven't tried a newer AWD to experience the too 'safe' side of things personally.

Hurry up and get saving so we can see.

S-chassis?

Don't know why I am asking when you won't say :p

Back