• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

Sorry to read about your troubles. Maybe third time’s a charm?

Hell no haha. I cannot go through this circus again.

It's taken me a couple of years to get used to the look of it :lol:

Have you driven one yet ?

You are right though...the back isn't pretty :eek:

I still might have to get a Black one to help blend in those awful fake plastic panels on the rear :p

I drove one when I did a test drive in the Bracknell branch (which is not shut down I think?) and the older gentleman that accompanied me did not alloy anything more than 4k revs haha. I think I did a single pull above that and he was grumpy all the way back, so not really had time to properly test it.

Sorry to hear this. I must admit I’ve not seen anyone else have issues with these , though not looked properly.

There are quite a few topics about them on the n-cars.net forum, there is an MY20 car that had turbo replaced 800 miles in and both headlights due to condensation lol... On the plus side there is 2017 vehicles who have been reasonably fault free.

Luck of the draw unfortunately.

Hows your FK8 treating you?

My Fiesta ST seems to be one of the only consistently reliable relatively modern hot hatches on the forum these days, what is going on with the world?

My Fiesta ST seems to be one of the only consistently reliable relatively modern hot hatches on the forum these days, what is going on with the world?

Zero issues so far with my M140i but I’m not sure it is a hot hatch, more of a quick and small GT car.

Yeah they are the best rated mini hot hatch you can buy. I was actually looking at the brand new Focus ST, seems quite nippy and comes with quite a bit of tech.

My Swift sport has had zero issues over the last couple years.
Though not sure it's a hot hatch, maybe more a luke warm..... Warm.......tepid...... OK, just above freezing hatch.
But she's still great fun to drive.

I would say fit a Rotrex to it cowboy, but my friend has and it dropped the liners so he had to have 4k of block work done to prevent it!

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I've been trying to narrow down that whining/whistle noise and I am almost fairly certain it is not the turbo but perhaps a pulley of some sort. The sound is too distinctive to be a turbo and only audible between 1200 and 3000 RPM, after that all sorts of other sounds muffle it (engine, exhaust, turbo).

On another note, went for a blast down Surrey Hills yesterday morning with a few other hot hatches. On the way back I ran out of washer fluid so popped the bonnet to put some in and guess what I saw:

6fqxylLh.jpg

xNCN9bCh.jpg

Yep, my undertray is missing.. Looks like the Hyundai Master technician was doing this job on a Friday as well :)

Going to the dealership to make a mess out of management this morning, will let you know how that goes :)

Unbelievable! Well i think they have made this an easy decision for you. Get rid and get a fk2

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What. How could they miss that? Finishing a job and having a spare nut or screw maybe.. usual when I have to do anything but an undertray. Lol you sure it was a master tech assigned to your car or an apprentice. No offence to any apprentices here. I'm with commander. If you don't like the fk8 looks wise. Get an fk2 ��

What a tw@t of an oil filter location. Undertray off no matter what... if you had one anyway :/

If you’re going to buy another Honda get a real one that can rev over 7k and won’t sh1t its britches with gearbox parts :lol:

What a tw@t of an oil filter location. Undertray off no matter what... if you had one anyway :/

If you’re going to buy another Honda get a real one that can rev over 7k and won’t sh1t its britches with gearbox parts :lol:

There is a cut-out for the oil filter on the under-tray, it's really easy to change actually. But yeah this is unacceptable regardless of circumstances...

You got any recommendations on real Hondas? :D

One has to wonder, is the Hyundai legendary reputation aided by the fact that their average customer has no clue whatsoever about cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a cut-out for the oil filter on the under-tray, it's really easy to change actually. But yeah this is unacceptable regardless of circumstances...

You got any recommendations on real Hondas? :D

Well, my preference is for CRX mk2’s SiRs at the moment but they’re not cheap and are very old now. You’ve done the DC2, so the obvious choices would be DC5, FD2 or the Accord Euro R. I have a soft spot for the EG6 SiR too, bloody lovely looking car is that... and I think it’s shaken the boy ricer image now.

This has been for sale for over a year now, must be ripe for a cheeky offer:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/133260291642

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from the Stealers. Convo went something like this:

Service Manager: Hello sir, hope you had a good Christmas. How may I help you?

Me: My vehicle was here for some work just before Christmas. It would appear that the undertray was not fitted *shows picture on phone*. Where is it?

Service Manager: Ah I see, not to worry this is most likely how it's meant to be. Some high performance vehicles do not have undertrays as they require more cooling

Me: ... What?

Service Manager: Let me just double check that with the tech department

5 mins later

Service Manager: Well this was embarrassing, yes it is meant to have one and it is currently sat next to the Master Mechanic's toolbox. Would you like this fitted now?

Me: yes...

FML...

Well, my preference is for CRX mk2’s SiRs at the moment but they’re not cheap and are very old now. You’ve done the DC2, so the obvious choices would be DC5, FD2 or the Accord Euro R. I have a soft spot for the EG6 SiR too, bloody lovely looking car is that... and I think it’s shaken the boy ricer image now.

This has been for sale for over a year now, must be ripe for a cheeky offer:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/133260291642

I am tempted by an FD2 not going to lie...

On a completely separate note, what is your opinion on a Toyota GT86?

Just came back from the Stealers. Convo went something like this:

Service Manager: Hello sir, hope you had a good Christmas. How may I help you?

Me: My vehicle was here for some work just before Christmas. It would appear that the undertray was not fitted *shows picture on phone*. Where is it?

Service Manager: Ah I see, not to worry this is most likely how it's meant to be. Some high performance vehicles do not have undertrays as they require more cooling

Me: ... What?

Service Manager: Let me just double check that with the tech department

5 mins later

Service Manager: Well this was embarrassing, yes it is meant to have one and it is currently sat next to the Master Mechanic's toolbox. Would you like this fitted now?

Me: yes...

FML...

astonishing, to tell you the tray was sat next to a MASTER mechanics toolbox beggars belief
after trying to bullsh*t you about high performance cars requiring more cooling
well done for staying calm, i woulda lost it in a volley of verbal abuse

Back