• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Drivers door will not open even with key/keyfob or from inside

Hi guys, been a while since I posted I've had a DC5 now for a few weeks not really driven it was stood for 3 weeks it went flat had no ignition which is when I found out my drivers door wouldn't open and the central locking wouldn't work due to it being dead so I had to jump it off my other car. Once running everything was fine apart from the drivers door still wasn't working.

Drivers door will not open as title suggests.
I have put a new battery on the car now which is all I have changed so far.

Looked online found many guides about replacing the door actuator which Is a common fault apparently on the dc5 I haven't done it yet... but everyone else seems to be able to open their doors with the key still or from the inside by pulling the lock.
One issue I'm thinking is how do I get the door card off when I cant even open the door at all.

My key fob for the central locking opens the passenger door and the boot but doesn't lock anything so I have to get in my car across the passenger seat and lock using the lock button then climb out unlock then lock the passenger door with the key to lock everything.

Hope someone can help shed some light on this I'm getting bored of climbing across the passenger seat all the time!

Might be worth checking fuses. Also, I had a bad earth on my ep3 and it messed up the locking system for a while.

Might be worth checking fuses. Also, I had a bad earth on my ep3 and it messed up the locking system for a while.

I will have a look into the fuses this week and replace the battery in my fob, I've downloaded an RSX Honda guide 2000 odd pages for the fuse info and breakdown of the door components ill report back on what I can find this week

No luck
I've had the door card off today checked the fuses all fine
I cant open the door still even with the door card off I wont be able to remove the acutator without opening the door so I'm stumped what to do next

Just abit of a follow up in case anyone ever comes across this same issue.
So I ended up fixing my door basically as I thought, the door lock actuator had failed common fault at the same time my battery died stopping me from being able to unlock the driver’s door at all even with the key because it failed while deadlocked.
The only solution to get the door open was to smash the bottom of the plastic off surrounding the lock enough to be able to move the lock with your hand further than it would normally go with the plastic surrounding it.
Then I had to purchase a full lock assembly off a braking car and a new actuator which is straight forward to refit once the doors open.
All in it cost me around £60 in the end so very happy its sorted and cheaply! I did take some pictures but not a lot of room inside the door to work with and very awkward when your kneeling in the footwell because the door wont open..

Back