• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Should you trust your local Honda Dealership.

not difficult at all. disconnect wiring, 4 bolts to the floor, seatbelt anchor (iirc plastic cover needs to be pressed inwards and slid up) and out the seat comes.
just going off my photo; all colour coded. being airbag, it's usually recommended to disconnect battery for 30mins before working on the car, so do that, grab a brew and gather your tools. i rememebr the seat being close to the floor, so i'd go with remove front bolts, loosen the rear and tilt the seat back so you can access the connectors.

two ways to manage the seat; remove it from driver door... you'll need to lay the seat backwards then rotate 90deg so the bit where your pelvis goes, is against the B-pillar to get it out of drivers door, or possibly the easier way is to fold rear seats down and pull the seat out through the boot.

i just went with feel for the bolts. if Honda wont give you the torque, use standard torque figures (https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/bolts/Metric-Recommended-Torque.aspx). I'm guessing they're m10 8.8grade.
I very likely did loctite mine using the blue stuff, but thats more down to whatever i had in the toolbox rather than specifically chosen.

Many thanks for your help, it's a shame that the seats weren't so prone to wear but I'm sure it can be sorted.

Fk2 looks superior compared to the fk8 the front end looks like American muscle car and the exhaust looks a right mess.im not saying it’s a bad car but looks are not a patch on the fk2
Well that's random.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt the Honda Fk8 and fk2 are both well engineered and capable cars, excellent to drive and truly outshine the handling of some much more expensive cars on the market. Considering they are front wheel drive only just shows how good they are.
There were only 5000 fk2's made with 2500 exported and 2500 in the uk so are quite a rare car, how often do you see another fk2 in your daily drive?. I've read quite a few reviews regarding how the fk8 and the fk2 drive and what is mentioned by a few reviewers that the fk2 is the more raw and engaging car to drive. For me regarding aesthetically pleasing the fk2 wins hands down. Even 5 years on they still turn heads. I had to laugh when one day I went to the local filling station,the attendant said to me "I bet it's like s- - t off a stick which brought a smi!e to my face or another comment was "does it drive as good as it looks" such is the appeal of the fk2.
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
how often do you see another fk2 in your daily drive?.

Every day at work for the last few months :), mate paid 18k for a high 50k mileage :eek: blue one, selling up pretty soon as well (bank loan job and can't afford the payments I reckon) he reckons he will easily get 17k for it being "rare" colour :rolleyes:

The Fk8 is common around me I see the same 3 every now and then on my commute and I'm told there's at least 4 in my work town, one is sporting full Halfords livery for some unknown reason

Every day at work for the last few months :), mate paid 18k for a high 50k mileage :eek: blue one, selling up pretty soon as well (bank loan job and can't afford the payments I reckon) he reckons he will easily get 17k for it being "rare" colour :rolleyes:

The Fk8 is common around me I see the same 3 every now and then on my commute and I'm told there's at least 4 in my work town, one is sporting full Halfords livery for some unknown reason

I think at one time Halfords sponsored two fk8's or still do btcc cars but looks like it's copied the livery on the cars.Cant see it being one of the original cars. Regards Fred.

Without a doubt the Honda Fk8 and fk2 are both well engineered and capable cars, excellent to drive and truly outshine the handling of some much more expensive cars on the market. Considering they are front wheel drive only just shows how good they are.
There were only 5000 fk2's made with 2500 exported and 2500 in the uk so are quite a rare car, how often do you see another fk2 in your daily drive?. I've read quite a few reviews regarding how the fk8 and the fk2 drive and what is mentioned by a few reviewers that the fk2 is the more raw and engaging car to drive. For me regarding aesthetically pleasing the fk2 wins hands down. Even 5 years on they still turn heads. I had to laugh when one day I went to the local filling station,the attendant said to me "I bet it's like s- - t off a stick which brought a smi!e to my face or another comment was "does it drive as good as it looks" such is the appeal of the fk2.
Regards Fred.
The only thing that makes the FK2 more "RAW" to drive is that it has a prehistoric Rear Torsion Beam instead of the "Engaging" independent rear suspension on the FK8!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The only thing that makes the FK2 more "RAW" to drive is that it has a prehistoric Rear Torsion Beam instead of the "Engaging" independent rear suspension on the FK8!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes i totally agree that the independent rear set up us better in the fk8 . However the reviewers still came to their Conclusion. Different cars always feel different to drive. I for one cant comment on the reviewers comparison as i've not driven a fk8 and everyone has their own opinion.
Regards Fred.

Back