• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 overheating

On the earlier Type R's it disables under WOT.
I was always told it was a mandatory requirement on all vehicles. For instances such as overtaking and having less power available due to the air conditioning.

I'm not sure on the truth of it, but it's been the case on most vehicles I have tried it in.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I was always told it was a mandatory requirement on all vehicles. For instances such as overtaking and having less power available due to the air conditioning.

I'm not sure on the truth of it, but it's been the case on most vehicles I have tried it in.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware of that. Certainly on the old gen NSX the air con didn't appear to disengage

"With air conditioning running: Max hp = 221.1, Max Torque = 172. The curve looks exactly the same except the line shift down to the right. The 10HP power loss is not bad at all."

https://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/measure.htm

A cold Bedford today and its amazing how much quicker the car was (in a straight line) compared to when I was there in the summer. I hit 137mph on the long straight and power stayed consistent for lap after lap. In the summer after a couple of laps the car wouldn't hit 130mph. That's a big difference in power!

A cold Bedford today and its amazing how much quicker the car was (in a straight line) compared to when I was there in the summer. I hit 137mph on the long straight and power stayed consistent for lap after lap. In the summer after a couple of laps the car wouldn't hit 130mph. That's a big difference in power!
It is pretty crazy. At Spa I was hitting over 130mph down the main straight, that dropped to <125 when the coolant temp warning light was on.

The facelift FK8 has a slightly larger upper grille opening at the front, but it still blocks off almost half the potential opening. It's not large enough for me to warrant buying.

I'll likely go with one of the fully open aftermarket ones like I posted earlier in the thread. It'll be a nice bonus if straight line speed improves!

A note for those looking over this, I've seen mention from the US that there is a slightly redesigned underbody-splitter/airdam piece that has been slightly redesigned to increase front end downforce, Countering a reduction in downforce from the larger opening of the new grille.

Just looking to find a partnumber for it!

Back