• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shocks- SACHS V KYB

Hello,

I will be running OEM springs but need new shocks.

I have tried searching with some people saying SACHS are soft and others saying KYB are poor quality lately and leak.

Does anyone have any first hand recent experience of either? The costs are virtually the same.

Thank you

In my personal experience so you don’t buy cheap and buy twice, just spend that little extra and go for genuine Honda shocks from cox Motorsport. They will be perfect fit, performance is as it should be from factory and they will last years.

Hello, thank you for the advice.

I checked and the shocks from Cox are £577
A set of KYB or SACHS from AUTODOC are around £240

As I need springs as well would I be better off buying a set of decent coil overs such as Yellowspeed?

Thanks Wilmo, I did not know that (I thought Bilstein made them).

Basically my options are:

1) Sachs Shocks and Eibach springs for £410 then do a FRSU
2) HONDA Shocks and Springs for £885 then a new geometry setup

Can someone please confirm if Sachs shocks are decent and will last as the firs setup is half the price.

Thank you

Thanks Wilmo, I did not know that (I thought Bilstein made them).

If you have Honda shocks on the car get down and look at the labels. You should see two on the shock body, one Honda, one Sachs.
Same on the front as well.
I didn't expect to see the actual makers label on a Honda part either.

I put koni yellow adjustables on the rear of my fn2, yet to do the fronts. Rears were 260 from larkspeed, think the fronts are a bit more.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back