• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 aftermarket suspension

so i love the throttle response in +r mode in my fk2 but i hate the 30% stiffer suspension when the magic button is pressed
i use my car 90% on the road and find the suspension in +r mode is too bumpy, bordering on dangerous for road use
(ive had the back end skipping on uneven corners in +r mode):eek:
has anyone fitted new suspension that gives a consistant dampening without stiffening up in r mode? if so what have you fitted
i dont really want to lower it any more than it is as ive scraped the strakes a few times on speed bumps and entrances
but i like the stiffness of the suspension in sport mode and am thinking of fitting new suspension all round early next year
for the road i find it handles better in sport mode and can absorb road irregularities better than in + r:mad:
does anyone else think this? and what have you fitted to cure the issue.

Before farting about with your suspension look for a pedal box tuner like a Remus Responder. It will give you the effect of +R throttle response on normal mode which will save your suspension from being butchered.

There may be a better way of doing it now, but when I was looking at FK2 suspension, you had to cut the loom to the adaptive dampers just to swap springs, never mind anything else. If you're replacing the dampers as well as springs you'll either get lights on your dash indicating a system fault or you have to try and fool the system. KW had a solution, not sure about anyone else.

Either way, aftermarket suspension systems would likely be stiffer than OEM, not softer so you're pee'ing into the wind with the whole idea.

Pedal box IMHO...

thanks loxy, ill give that a look at
my thinking of aftermarket dampers and springs was just to give a more consistant ride
i did have a feeling that if i messed with the adaptive dampening system i would have dash lights, but nice to have that confirmed

Let me know if you go down that route, I have the KW cancellation kit sat in my shed,
I purchased it 2 year back from Tegiwa eBay, listed as damaged packaging so couldn't sell it through their actual shop, I got it at a ridiculous cheap price.
I bagged it just in case any owner on the forums went down this route and I'd help them out with a deal.
If you do, let me know and I'll stick a for sale up,
https://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/kw-cancellation-kit-for-electronic-damping-68510449.html

so after reading about it, the remus responder seems exactly what im looking for, a more aggressive throttle map with the same ride
lots of good reviews on it as well
its on my xmas list:D

you wont be disappointed. i think the remus is a re-badged version of the DTE. DTE have revised their design and as such have a newer version that has bluetooth if you care about that (https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/honda...vtec-type-r-310ps-228kw-1996ccm/pedalbox.html). tbh, dedicated hardware is the way forward, non of this phone/app based crap.

i wouldn't bother with suspension. Honda have the suspension bang on right imo. non R for road, +R for track. R works fine on A-roads but b-roads are a bit hit or miss depending how smooth it is. certainly not something you can/would want to run all the time.

thanks veehexx, tbh i originally thought the remus responder was something to do with the remus exhaust system, thats why i never read into it, doh :rolleyes:
i see you have one, among other mods, is it as good as they say?
i didnt know much about it before i posted this thread but it has certainly gave me the cheaper option to get what im after than tearing my suspension to bits
like i said i love the suspension feel in normal mode and dont really want that to change, but i also love the throttle map in + r
now it seems i can get the best of both worlds for 200 quid :D yaaaasss
also i dont see a remap in your list of mods, so what bhp and torque are you getting with your mods without a remap?

have to add how glad i am in joining this forum
had i just forged on with my "great" ideas without the advice from you guys in 2 months i potentially could have
burnt out my clutch
fooked up my suspension
had cracked fog lights
and 2 heal holes in my drivers carpet
big hairy man love to you all :lol:

exhaust is cock on. really cant fault it. Since it's a daily & track car, having the valve was the only way for me. quiet for commutes&long hauls. and a bit of noise when i fancy a weekend blast or on track.
responder i leave in eco/green mode (vs sporty/race) as that gives a good improvement on feel but also able to keep throttle smooth.

no remap and i haven't dyno'd it. the mods are more for track prep and ironing out some of the weaknesses with the car. the more i track it, the more i sway away from a remap but i haven't ruled it out as a future mod.

I've a build thread over on civinfo (https://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/306521-vees-fk2-typer.html)

Once the car is up to temp I always drive in +R, normal mode feels quite sluggish after a while

the remus responder is some piece of kit, exactly what i was looking for, cheers for the info guys:D

Back