• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which EP3 to buy (original 52 plate or 55 premier edition)

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of buying a Type R and narrowed it down to 2.....

One is a 52 plate Type R with 50k on the clock (1 owner). Only negative is that it has no ac.

The other is a 55 plate with 90k on the clock,premier edition with the red recaros a/c etc.

Was wondering which is the more desirable one in the CTR community.

Many thanks in advance for your help.:)

I would go for the premier solely for the fact it has aircon.

Thanks Dotty. Will only get a chance to drive the car in the winter anyway.

My thinking was which one of them would be more desirable in the future. A low mileage pre facelift or a high mileage premier edition facelift.

Thanks Flashy! Any reason why?

Not just the fact it's a prem, but it's a facelift, problems ironed out etc. I don't think an older version will keep value regardless of mileage, unless it's the anniversary edition.

Not just the fact it's a prem, but it's a facelift, problems ironed out etc. I don't think an older version will keep value regardless of mileage, unless it's the anniversary edition.

Very interesting, thank you. What's more interesting is the range of opinions on the CTR. No doubt they are all desirable. Low mileage examples are becoming very rare especially with 1 owner, even the pre facelift.

Thanks again, appreciate the input.

Back