• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Big Brake Kit Options- FreakyParts?

Hi all,

Not very active on this forum as I spend most of my time on itrdc5.

So my front brakes need changing on my teg and I thought maybe putting a little extra towards an upgrade. I am looking to spend c£1k on something.

This is where I came across freakyparts BBK from a Megane. Anyone had any experience with this set up?

I'm posting on here as I thought there would be more EP3 owners with this set up vs DC5?

https://freakyparts.co.uk/collectio...kit-with-2-piece-discs?variant=14882986459181

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't comment on that kit but I had the TGM big brake kit on my DC5 and it was fantastic, John Green has it now and highly rates it.

Can't comment on that kit but I had the TGM big brake kit on my DC5 and it was fantastic, John Green has it now and highly rates it.

Yeah I remember your kit Chris. The only issue is its twice what I'm looking to spend. Maybe I'll just save over the winter and get it. I'll give Tom a shout for a quote. What pads were you running?

Yeah I remember your kit Chris. The only issue is its twice what I'm looking to spend. Maybe I'll just save over the winter and get it. I'll give Tom a shout for a quote. What pads were you running?

I ran Pagid RS29.

I run the project k brembo kit from a Megane on my ep3. Went from pbs pads to brembo with carbotech xp8 pads. Night and day difference. On the 4 or 5 track days I've done now I've not had any issues or fade. I used to get fade on the pbs after about 10mins on track, instant improvement.

For the money I can't knock them at all. Plus the discs are 350z and pads Renault, so plenty of options for replacement.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I run the project k brembo kit from a Megane on my ep3. Went from pbs pads to brembo with carbotech xp8 pads. Night and day difference. On the 4 or 5 track days I've done now I've not had any issues or fade. I used to get fade on the pbs after about 10mins on track, instant improvement.

For the money I can't knock them at all. Plus the discs are 350z and pads Renault, so plenty of options for replacement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Norv,

Was there a big difference in the braking power? From seeing these kits fitted i noticed that the calipers doesn't even cover all the pad.

Mine covers most of the disc, I think the project k kit from Poland seems to fit better, the freaky parts one has a fair bit of the disc is doesn't contact in pictures I've seen.

Power wise, it can lock the wheels when you try hard. That's on track with ad08r tyres up to temp. I'm not sure what more I could ask. I'm just a casual trackday driver though, and haven't experienced any other performance brakes. But these can modulate the power nicely, aren't too bad from cold and when they're hot, they just bite more and more.

Yep. Still **** hot.

Did switch to rs15 from rs29 *** after 2k mile euro jolly, squealing got on my tits.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Yep. Still **** hot.

Did switch to rs15 from rs29 *** after 2k mile euro jolly, squealing got on my tits.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It’s not until you get a proper setup before you realise just how bad the OEM brakes are.

Back