• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rusty chassis bar alongside the rack EP3

Hi, can anyone tell the name for this stabilizer bar between either side of the car on an EP3, it is at the back of the engine near the rack, mine is rusted to fook, and need to replace it, also any tips on how to remove it, the bolts look very rusty. I'm thinking new OEM replacement?

CR54WDS

Mine has some surface rust. What is the purpose of this brace? Also do you know if JDM EP3's come with difference bracing to the EUDM? Thanks

The brace is for chassis stiffness and should not be different from UK to JDM models.

Anti-roll bars are different from UKDM to JDM. Rear bar is thicker on the JDM, front bar is the same diameter but a different shape to accommodate the 4-2-1 manifold as compared to the UKDM 4-1. JDM front roll bar is therefore often purchased at the same time as aftermarket manifolds to allow fitment. Some aftermarkets do however fit (just) with the UKDM front anti roll bar.

When you get it I recommend you rub it down and add some more paint.

Hope you can get the bolts loose as it's a bad spot for holding water.

Attachments

• IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
When you get it I recommend you rub it down and add some more paint.

Hope you can get the bolts loose as it's a bad spot for holding water.

de-rusted and zinc painted...

560a19f4-791b-46ae-9ac0-e63f1e1587a9-original.jpg

When I changed mine last year it was very rusty and bolts took hours to get out. When I finally put the new brace in, I used stainless steel bolts all round.

S/S bolts will be fine to use, it would take about 20 years for the reaction to happen.

This brace bar is fitted for a reason, definitely needs replacement with a genuine Honda one, if you left it off the car would feel unbalanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back