• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Revs needle jumping

Got issue with revs when coming to a stop as soon as i put the clutch down rev drops slightly under 1000rpm, go back to 1000rpm and then once stopped needle jumps up and down for a little while and feels like car is hunting.

Any ideas what it could be?

Sounds like a problem with the idle control valve, on the bottom of the throttle body.

If you do a google search you'll find a few Honda models suffer from this, the videos should let compare your symptoms to confirm.

Hope that helps.

So cleaned the idle control valve and throttle body issue still there. When I rev the car on idle needle comes down to 1000 rpm and then bounces up and down for few seconds before stabilising

Is the car modified at all? It could be an air leak into the manifold or I had a few problems with the idle air assist valve. It's the one with a u shaped vacuum pipe from the little valve in the cylinder head to the throttle/inlet area.

https://images.app.goo.gl/VbMmS1C967pxyw8y7

Clamping that pipe off with some mole grips made a massive difference in my cold idle, smoothed it out loads. So worth a try.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Is the car modified at all? It could be an air leak into the manifold or I had a few problems with the idle air assist valve. It's the one with a u shaped vacuum pipe from the little valve in the cylinder head to the throttle/inlet area.

https://images.app.goo.gl/VbMmS1C967pxyw8y7

Clamping that pipe off with some mole grips made a massive difference in my cold idle, smoothed it out loads. So worth a try.

Yes it's got a japspeed 4-2-1, m2 intake mani, aem cai, k100. Also when I rev on idle once needle comes back down to 1000rpm needle bounces slightly for few secs before stabilising.

Have you been tuned for those mods?

Mine was pretty bad on idle with all bolt ons and standard tune. Again it might be worth Clamping that vacuum pipe. Has the idle issue appeared suddenly or has it been there since fitting anything?

Have you been tuned for those mods?

Mine was pretty bad on idle with all bolt ons and standard tune. Again it might be worth Clamping that vacuum pipe. Has the idle issue appeared suddenly or has it been there since fitting anything?

Yeah got it mapped for all the bolt ons. So the first time I got i mapped was all good however I had a blocked air filter, took it for a remap after cleaning it and the idle issue started on the way back to home. I will look at clamping the vaccum pipe, what would be best way to clamp it?

Who mapped it out of interest?

I'd be checking for any air leaks after the throttle by spraying a small amount of brake cleaner around throttle body, inlet manifold and any joins or fitting, if its drawing air in, it'll rev a bit higher as it sucks in the brake cleaner. This will help locate or rule out any leaks.

To clamp the pipe some mole grips or brake pipe clamps will be fine. Failing that just holding the pipe with some pliers while you open the throttle by hand should be able to determine if it makes a difference.

Who mapped it out of interest?

I'd be checking for any air leaks after the throttle by spraying a small amount of brake cleaner around throttle body, inlet manifold and any joins or fitting, if its drawing air in, it'll rev a bit higher as it sucks in the brake cleaner. This will help locate or rule out any leaks.

To clamp the pipe some mole grips or brake pipe clamps will be fine. Failing that just holding the pipe with some pliers while you open the throttle by hand should be able to determine if it makes a difference.

Was mapped my Jesse (J.Cal) known he is good at his stuff though. Wicked I will give those all a try and see if I can rule anything out. If clamping the vaccum pipe resolves the issue should I then delete the pipe. Appreciate the help.

Yeah Jesse has done mine twice now, no issues at all. Typical it would start messing around on the way back!

Yeah if it does cure the fault then you can remove it. K tuned sell a kit but it's stupidly expensive. EBay do a 3/8 npt bung from memory for a pound and stick a bolt a bolt in the pipe, job done. The valve is really brittle though, so go steady playing with it until you're ready to replace it or leave it be.

Try those and if that's not fixed it do a video to show what it's doing.

Yeah Jesse has done mine twice now, no issues at all. Typical it would start messing around on the way back!

Yeah if it does cure the fault then you can remove it. K tuned sell a kit but it's stupidly expensive. EBay do a 3/8 npt bung from memory for a pound and stick a bolt a bolt in the pipe, job done. The valve is really brittle though, so go steady playing with it until you're ready to replace it or leave it be.

Try those and if that's not fixed it do a video to show what it's doing.

Clamped the vaccum pipe however still the same issue, reckon it could be issue with the tps. I have had it checked out and have been told it was ticking at around 9% and opened at around 94%. Cannot seem to find how to upload a video on here.

I'd upload it to youtube and post the link here.

It's a difficult one to get to the bottom of. Have you tried cleaning the idle control valve and resetting the ecu parameters? There's a guide on the forum of how to do it I believe.

I'd upload it to youtube and post the link here.

It's a difficult one to get to the bottom of. Have you tried cleaning the idle control valve and resetting the ecu parameters? There's a guide on the forum of how to do it I believe.

Yep cleaned idle control valve and the spindle inside is moving freely. Got a K100, thinking of taking it for a retune and see if anything can be done. Yeah it sure is a difficult one have literally tried everything only thing I can think is may need a retune as it happened after the map. Got an M2 intake mani not sure if that could be the issue.

Wicked will upload video on youtube soon, thanks for the help

The M2 doesn't have anywhere for the pcv valve pipe does it? How did you get around that? Also, was the water housing removed from the M2?

The M2 doesn't have anywhere for the pcv valve pipe does it? How did you get around that? Also, was the water housing removed from the M2?

Yeah it don't have a connection on the mani for it, I got it fitted from TGM down Fleet and they said to just leave the pcv pipe disconnected vented to air or can go down the catch can route, not sure having it disconnected will cause any issues but they said to me it is ok. Yep water housing was also removed for it

Mines been left open for the last few years with no issues. First on my rbc, then Rotrex and now skunk 2.

You've checked the obvious so I'd have a chat to Jesse and see if he has any ideas or can plug the car in and have a look. It could be as simple as adapting the throttle positions again, but see what he has to say.

Have uploaded video of the issue which i am getting (link below).

It is a hit and miss as sometimes it drives fine and all is ok on idle as well get the odd rev needle fluctuating when coming to a stop.

Yesterday when i started up it was on 2000rpm on idle and was stuck there took it for a drive and was still on 2000rpm on idle. Started the car today it was idling like this.

https://youtu.be/PuKGuA0g1LM

Back