• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Drivers who feel compelled to race you

I just wonder if any fellow members experience the same as I do.Quite often when i'm out for a drive i get other drivers who just want to race.
I never latch on to their intentions as i've got used to this ,having had my fk2 Type r gt for just over a year.In most cases(without being clever) it's plainly obvious that the car they're driving simply cannot compete against a Type R, yet they still try.
Has an members any thoughts stories or experiences they would like to share.
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drivers who feel compelled to Race you.

Get it quite a bit in the ST and RS. Never interested. I’ll save my spirited drives for the B Roads ta

I also get a host of “Rev it” off the younger generation when pootling around town in the RS which I do oblige to. I remember when I was a kid and my love of cars, seeing their face light up is worth the sneers from the older generation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, all the time and it's mostly always audi drivers, not even s or rs models but a3s and especially a4s
also annoyingly ep3s, there's quite a few in my town, i've had a few behind me who then fly past me and everyone else on the inside lane
i save my excitement for when the b roads are quiet and the mood takes me :lol:

Had it all the time in the Skyline. It looked a bit ratty because it was built for drifting. Seemed to bring on all comers thinking it was a sh@t heap, but soon got a shock when I wiped the floor with them. Nigh on 400whp and 450lb torque, complete with cams and a built engine, soon sorts the idiots from the pack.

I had the opposite experience in my skyline, I'd pootle around at granny speeds and no fcuker would ever dare to overtake it :lol:

Opposite to you though, looked minty and shiny AF but wasn't tuned and had not much over stock BHP :p

I had the opposite experience in my skyline, I'd pootle around at granny speeds and no fcuker would ever dare to overtake it :lol:

Opposite to you though, looked minty and shiny AF but wasn't tuned and had not much over stock BHP :p

Mine was mainly little muppets from the local area in their Mums' Audis trying to show off to their mates. Or the local drug dealers in their Bimmers trying to see what would happen. 99% of the time I just ignored it. But there was always one or two that I liked to play with :lol:

Guess it's no different to me wanting to put my fk2r up against other more expensive machinery including a friend's 700bhp e63s lol.

The fk2 is a rare and very capable car, so much so i've only done about 2k miles in my m3 since i bought the R in april 2017! That says a hell of a lot about how good it is imo.

yes I seem to get it mostly from audi and bmw drivers, german knob sliders

I like the term German nob sliders brill ! A while ago an energy salesman called while I was in the garden and kicked off with Im looking for the young man who drivers the Honda Type R, me being 66 replied youre looking at him and he did his speel and I told him we were sorted then he asked how does the Type R go I replied the performance and handling is fantastic and its A bmw eater, then I asked the question what car do you drive he said A bmw m3. Lol

I find its the same crowd wanting a 'race' in the FK8 as it was in the M3 - middle aged men in people carriers or non descript company cars. Clearly there is a huge element that is jealousy but they are usually the worst. On of my favourite roads is a cut through when the M1 North is blocked - full of people with no idea doing 25 mph adjusting their sat navs. Always amusing when they tailgate you up the first straight and you get to the first proper bend where you just steer round it in the FK8 and they understeer across the road behind you.

I find that most knowledgeable drivers of other performance cars seem to have a healthy appreciation of the FK8 and the M3 before that (as do I of their cars).

I find its the same crowd wanting a 'race' in the FK8 as it was in the M3 - middle aged men in people carriers or non descript company cars. Clearly there is a huge element that is jealousy but they are usually the worst. On of my favourite roads is a cut through when the M1 North is blocked - full of people with no idea doing 25 mph adjusting their sat navs. Always amusing when they tailgate you up the first straight and you get to the first proper bend where you just steer round it in the FK8 and they understeer across the road behind you.

I find that most knowledgeable drivers of other performance cars seem to have a healthy appreciation of the FK8 and the M3 before that (as do I of their cars).

Yeh when i got an Aston Martin right behind me, i think he wanted to race me or he was extremely interested in what i was driving. Anyway he must have had a good look and then pulled out from behind me and shot off at high speed. I think yes there is some respect from other high performance car drivers but not all.
Regards Fred.

Wow fred 66 and driving an fk2? yaaaaaass :twisted:

Yeh and when im out in my fk2 im like a boy with a toy. I was parked up at some traffic lights when what comes alongside a police traffic patrol car, I could sense the passenger officer eyeballing me so I looked at him and smiled they were both looking at me and smiled back.Now if i'd been a lot younger I would probably got pulled over and checked out. That was last year so im Now 67 or did they find it funny a bloke at my age driving a fk2.
Its a myth about only younger guys owning cars like an fk2 or fk8 one guy I admire is tiff needell ex racing driver on 5th gear 68 years young and boy can he drive. By the way my car is a fk2 gt with a red pack on.Red mirror covers, red accents around the front grill red accents round the rear diffuser and a red roof spoiler and the cars colour is polished metal metallic, in my opinion looks stunning. My last car was a fn1 civic type s 1.8ivtec in Deep bronze pearl
with 140bhp and 128ft lbs of torque so when I test drove the fk2 you can imagine the look on my face, heart racing with excitement and sweaty palms. This was one of my lifetime dreams to own such a car.Regards Fred

Just proves we get older on the outside but always 21 on the inside. Smiling at the cops. Love it man. You are correct. Had you been younger you would have got a pull
Better to burn out than fade away. You are an inspiration :)

Street racers have no chance, especially when VTEC KICKS IN
Ffvtec.jpg

That's what I love about the M140, it's relatively understated so hardly anyone tries it on.

Back