• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Drivers who feel compelled to race you

That's what I love about the M140, it's relatively understated so hardly anyone tries it on.

I had a nice play with an M140i in my ST yesterday. Understated maybe, underpowered definitely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a nice play with an M140i in my ST yesterday. Understated maybe, underpowered definitely not.

Nope, there not much that will keep up with them, especially if they have the ZF gearbox.

It’s what I have. It’s so lazy and relaxing. But having the FD2 as well most manual cars would feel pretty crap to be fair. I’m not sure I could have a manual as a main car any more.

It’s what I have. It’s so lazy and relaxing. But having the FD2 as well most manual cars would feel pretty crap to be fair. I’m not sure I could have a manual as a main car any more.

ZF/DCT will be the way I go I think when it comes to getting rid of the ST. With our units being further away now and having to sit in rush hour traffic the ST is becoming slightly irritating (awesome car, just too harsh for rush hour commutes)

I have one pull out of the next estate most nights leaving work, same commute.
If I'm 1st he's determined to overtake, if he's 1st he's determined to be as far in front as possible, the funny thing is I'm never trying because 1: it's always on a cold engine and I'd rather watch him ruin his, 2: I would never win :lol: the way it shifts gears is so quick and sounds so smooth

It’s a lovely car to drive but it’s no drivers car. It’s great up to about 7 or 8 tenths but then it shows that it’s not a real M car. I’d rather the FK8 if I wanted more involvement but due to having the FD2 in the garage it’s more of a nice, smooth, comfy and quick car to get me to client sites. The noise as well is glorious.

I have one pull out of the next estate most nights leaving work, same commute.
If I'm 1st he's determined to overtake, if he's 1st he's determined to be as far in front as possible, the funny thing is I'm never trying because 1: it's always on a cold engine and I'd rather watch him ruin his, 2: I would never win :lol: the way it shifts gears is so quick and sounds so smooth

Yes, some driver's haven' t a clue and don' t realise that most engine wear occurs by revving an engine before it's up to temperature. I always wait for the coolant to get fully up to temp then longer to ensure oil and
engine is well up to temperature before flexing the fk2's muscles.
Regards Fred.

Had some older lad in an 911 Turbo wanting to give it some on the way back on a dual carriage way. He's lucky I am sensible, because if I put my foot down, once VTEC kicked in I would have been gone.

Had some older lad in an 911 Turbo wanting to give it some on the way back on a dual carriage way. He's lucky I am sensible, because if I put my foot down, once VTEC kicked in I would have been gone.

Wind your neck in!! You’re driving a fcuking Honda not a Lambo. I’m sure a 911 Turbo would dispense of you in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:
There are some seriously deluded people in this thread.

Wind your neck in!! You’re driving a fcuking Honda not a Lambo. I’m sure a 911 Turbo would dispense of you in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:

My sarcasm senses are tingling...

There's always something faster out there, but can be fun to stretch their legs and see what the differences are.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times
7:50 Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
7:51.8 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (Since you mentioned Lamborghini too lol)
7:54 Porsche 911 Turbo (997)
7:54 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
7:56 Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
7:56 Porsche Panamera Turbo
8:04 Porsche Cayman S
8:04 Porsche Boxster S (981)

Those 911 turbo and GT3 times are wrong!

(Edited to say that they are correct but are the old versions of the 911)

The FK2 time is not even close to the modern day 911.
Pretty damn good for a FWD Honda Hatchback though!
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times
7:50Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
7:51.8Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (Since you mentioned Lamborghini too lol)
7:54Porsche 911 Turbo (997)
7:54Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
7:56Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
7:56Porsche Panamera Turbo
8:04Porsche Cayman S
8:04Porsche Boxster S (981)

Nurburgring times mean absolutely bugger all on a real road.
I do love how the new TypeR owners go straight for the “My car set the new FWD record around the Nurburgring” card! Wah wah wah :rolleyes:
There is not a single fcuking chance any person on here would come anywhere near that time without extensive training, and hour after hour of track time.
Stop fooling yourself, and admit you have nothing more than a slightly warm hot hatch. If you honestly think your Honda could really take on a 911 Turbo, then you’re dumber than the day you bought the Fugly plastic covered toy.

Back