• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

“Honey, I’m home”

:)

440484dfd09c935ab3be5c32af9112c5.jpg

83843545f2d6399906410f59fa9b9abd.jpg

46ba56fa52d20c947666fc33edbec4d0.jpg

516c8fc9ea5790aa4aaeb4f7c441b77b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?? Does that not feel like a step backwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must say I’m surprised after everything you’ve said about the FK8 and Honda’s customer service ever since you got rid first time.

Been checked for any potential gear box issues down the line etc?

Type R #15 - FK8 #3

Let me explain.

I said my first one ( Fk8 ) was a rotten egg but my blue one wasn’t .. whilst on paper the m2 was a great car , it is only good in ideal conditions and in the wet it was more than a handful which took a lot of its spark away (for me) Yesterday was torrential and the M2 would’ve been dire in those conditions whereas the Honda didn’t blink an eye. I can see the appeal to many and as everyone on the internet that doesn’t own one has drift king capabilities and it wouldn’t be an issue but for me I realised I am more comfortable with FWD.

Also, the rate of depreciation now bmw see it in their wisdom to be releasing cars every ten minutes is alarming and at detriment to its existing customers, especially if financing, as negative equity becomes a miserable realisation. Especially if it is a “toy”.

For example ; a December 2018 m2 competition fully loaded was £55k new , a chap recently sold one to an independent garage , they gave him £35k for it meaning he owed £10k to bmw to clear the finance off *bearing in mind £500 monthlies and an initial deposit*

When I weighed it up I decided it was time to sell the car on and also other personal reasons which are no ones business but mine came in to play. Thankfully I paid a good price for mine when I got it (12k dealer contribution) as it was a pre Reg and the fact it had a good spec on it meant I had a lot of interest from dealerships when listing for sale , I got a good price for mine , I owed a little to bmw but that was offset by the fact I sold on all of my m performance modifications which I paid “not new prices” for. I have worked out it has cost me approx £9200 /£575 per month to own the car since August 2018 up until the point of sale last week (which I got an extremely handsome offer for compared to other offers received) That’s £1 per mile - this included my deposit and run in service costs. I haven’t had to change any tyres or other consumables though a £400 service is due in may 2020.

Fitting costs of coilovers I have written off as with any other car, that’s just part of the car game.

Going back to why I got the fk8, I drove it’s competitors including RS, Golf R and quite simply they do not compete. (Read as boring)

Another thing to note

M2 Tax for one year £440
Insurance £498

Total £938

FK8 tax for one year £140
Insurance £376

Total £516

Total saving £422

I negotiated a good deal with Honda for the car , I drove it on two different occasions to ensure I was happy , it has Honda footwell lights and a 5 year service plan and is a one owner 10k mile March 2018 car with no warranty history.

Oh , I got an eventuri and mugen wind deflectors fitted 4 hours after collecting it and I have a milltek none res in the garage to go on.

The eventuri is used but barely. It’s almost as though the stars aligned that it happened to come up for sale on my collection day and I got it for under half price fitted by my mate Phil at DREAM.

02e46be00ab5a9f9399885cb731b888e.jpg

6c4ee3c96eb6fec0da249096da285fa9.jpg

b884b5f2d4328dcf022f27b732094b1c.jpg

PPS The m2 is for sale here if anyone needs to scratch the itch.

https://www.ttsportsandprestige.co.uk/our-stock/10821105-bmw-m2-m2-2dr-dct/

Hope that clears up my reasoning.

Fair play buddy (not that you needed to explain to anyone). Happiness behind the wheel is what it’s all about and if you can save a good chunk of money whilst doing it then you’re winning all ways around.

Enjoy the new ride, she’s a beauty

That is dirt cheap IMO for an M2. Over here you're looking at £32k sterling for a 2016 model with minimum 50000 on the clock.

Would explain the M2 sat in a local backstreet dealer, been sat there since spring priced around 49k I noticed last week it's now around the low 40's.

I think with these fk's you have to forget about warranties and just deal with it when the time comes, hopefully this one will be trouble free :smt023

I know financially 2nd hand was the best route but did you not fancy holding off for the edition model or even the facelift, I was expecting a deposit down Ring edition post :)

Would explain the M2 sat in a local backstreet dealer, been sat there since spring priced around 49k I noticed last week it's now around the low 40's.

I think with these fk's you have to forget about warranties and just deal with it when the time comes, hopefully this one will be trouble free :smt023

I know financially 2nd hand was the best route but did you not fancy holding off for the edition model or even the facelift, I was expecting a deposit down Ring edition post :)

Nah. With new cars come new troubles ... the reason for wanting a “run in “ one is that someone else would’ve dealt with any issues it may have had.

No finance on this car , all good.

Back