• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

I wasn’t questioning to be an arse Stu, just wasn’t aware of the reasons as I thought you were more than happy with M. No offence meant bud ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t questioning to be an arse Stu, just wasn’t aware of the reasons as I thought you were lore than happy with M. No offence meant bud ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None taken.. I’ve had a load of messages asking “why / what for “ etc so thought I’d lay the cards on the table.

Good old Tapatalk, thread listed in my subs. Didn't realise I had, but handy to see the new addition. Hope I'm in the next time you ring as you're pootling by

Stu, having gone from an F80 M3 to the FK8 i totally echo your thoughts and could have written most of your explanation post. Both around the usability of the FK8 and the ownership cost. It is an amazing package.

BMW are upsetting a lot of very loyal owners at the moment with their discounting, particularly on the M cars. You are now significantly penalised for 'getting in there early' and paying top dollar for a new model. I saw £30k off a new M5 the other day!! £30k!! Imagine if you had paid £95k cash to be the first in line.......

Stu, having gone from an F80 M3 to the FK8 i totally echo your thoughts and could have written most of your explanation post. Both around the usability of the FK8 and the ownership cost. It is an amazing package.

BMW are upsetting a lot of very loyal owners at the moment with their discounting, particularly on the M cars. You are now significantly penalised for 'getting in there early' and paying top dollar for a new model. I saw £30k off a new M5 the other day!! £30k!! Imagine if you had paid £95k cash to be the first in line.......

Most of the guys with earlier f87 m2’s are being enticed in to the x3m comps , with massive discounts .. they are getting their finance cleared by bmw and back on the pcp merry go round.

Around £23k dealer contribution for one ...

2008ecd8c334449a161e99629f4a03ff.jpg

Welcome back, if you need an exhaust let me know ;)

With the M2 it requires a different approach to driving quickly that I enjoy, the traction control works well and I found a good balance quite quickly and I say this as a potential comp m2 owner, the FK8 is the better balanced and better handling, it is easier to drive and flatters you. In the wet apart from pulling away the FK8 has incredible grip for a non AWD car.

Enjoy your new car

Back