• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear Camber Kit - DME or Hardrace?

Hello all,
Today I am buying the bits I need for a FRSU
Car is an EP3 for Road Use

Which is the better product:

DME (approx £106)
Or
Hardrace (approx £118)

Thank you

I'd go for Hardrace, just on the basis that I have bought from them before and think their products are great. Nothing against DME but they're just not a brand I've purchased anything from.

The Eibach Control arms are not that easy to find- as time goes on I am finding this more and more with EP3 parts.
It is a 15 year old car now so I guess this is to be expected.

Torque QT have them for sale but they are £191.60

So..... in the end I went for the following:

Sachs Shocks
Eibach Pro Springs
Eibach Camber Bolts
JDM Rear Anti Roll Bar
Hardrace Ball Joints
Hardrace Reinforced Drop Links
Hardrace Camber Arms
Steering Rack Riser

Looking forward to getting it all fitted and setup!

So..... in the end I went for the following:

Sachs Shocks
Eibach Pro Springs
Eibach Camber Bolts
JDM Rear Anti Roll Bar
Hardrace Ball Joints
Hardrace Reinforced Drop Links
Hardrace Camber Arms
Steering Rack Riser

Looking forward to getting it all fitted and setup!

How did everything go with the above mate? Was it all sufficient for you when setup? If not what would you change? I am due to the exact same as you have stated above so would be great to get some feedback first and i could learn from anything you picked up. Cheers

Hello Monty89

The parts were fitted two weeks ago so I am still getting used to it and the car needs to settle a bit before I have another FRSU to make sure everything is 100%

I can tell you that the car feels a lot like oem even with the new shocks and springs which is good, the car is a little more bumpy/ crashey than before but nothing major.

The main benefit is the reduction in understeer. I use Eagle F1 ASY3’s but if I was going around a wet roundabout and accelerated the car would just understeer. Even though I have not got the car property set up yet this has really improved.

Finally I did not want the car too low, with the Eibach it is only slightly lower and I have not caught the car on the large speed bumps near me which is a real positive!

All in all my springs were rusting and the shocks would have started leaking sooner or later, I am glad I did the full changeover and should not have to spend anything else on the suspension for quite some time.

Back