• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 air intake

Can't seem to decide if to stick with my AEM cai or go for a tegiwa m/Injen cai.

What would be the best bet between the three for some potential gains. I see the Injen is a 3" but I am hearing the teg m is the one to go for. Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks

I've had/got both. Not a lot of difference performance wise that I noticed. I think throttle response is slightly more noticeable on the teg m. The advantage of the injen is you can add a velocity stack and larger filter, but then again I've modified my teg m to create a velocity stack with a larger filter.

I've had/got both. Not a lot of difference performance wise that I noticed. I think throttle response is slightly more noticeable on the teg m. The advantage of the injen is you can add a velocity stack and larger filter, but then again I've modified my teg m to create a velocity stack with a larger filter.

Wicked may just settle for the injen as my aem pipe is damaged so time to change, for some reason it wouldnt line up to the TB with the m2 mani so had to modify it. Fingers crossed the injen lines up nicely. How did you go about modifying the teg m if you dont mind me asking

I have removed the breather pipe from rocker cover to teg and installed a breather filter. Then I removed part of the teg kit that the intake pipe connects to, bought a ramair foam filter (the 200mm one) with the aluminium pipe. The aluminium forms a built in velocity stock within the filter and fits into the teg filter box.

Attachments

• 20191019_164111-3024x1395.jpg
    20191019_164111-3024x1395.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Injen CAI and its pretty good. But if I lived in the UK and had the option to go with the Tegiwa one I would definitely do it!

Maybe it's just me but its really scary to drive the car in the rain when having the Injen CAI as I can't stop thinking of it maybe hydrolocking haha. That's the only "disadvantage" to be honest.

I've had the Injen on my car for over 6 months and have had nothing but bad weather in the UK. Flooding, standing water, puddles and heavy rain. No issues whatsoever. I feel you just have to use some common sense in the rain. Do not drive through a nearside puddle which will submerge the filter, do not go wide open throttle in pouring rain and just get off the gas if you're driving through standing water.

I loved my Tegiwa M, if I was to do it again I would go the same route!

TxRtP7Tl.jpg

Back