• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Graeme's EP3 Project

Hi guys,

This will be a thread of the build/sort of restore of my silver EP3. My plan is to get the car back to close-to-standard as possible, with a few subtle modifications.

---

After having sold my first EP3 (see below) around 3 years ago, I thought it was time to buy another as a second car and have it be a little project.

I picked up this silver one around a month ago for a relatively low price, and it seemed a solid enough car. Here she is parked next to my daily -

Unfortunately, having looked closer and after stripping a few bits off things are looking a little worse than I thought, so there's a list of stuff that needs done gradually starting to build. The chassis is in pretty poor condition (this is to be expected with a 15 year old car of course), especially at the driver's sill and floor area. The plan is to have essential areas blasted, welded and undersealed before the winter weather gets any worse, and March/April next year the car will go in for a full blast and underseal to further protect.

I started with getting the car mobile, so I replaced the fan belt, clutch + slave + MTF3, and front discs and pads.

The car is over at the underseal workshop getting assessed for the essential welding to be carried out, will update when thats done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this for sale on FB market? Looks like the one that was on there because of the yellow bits. Good luck with your build:cool:

Back