• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Catalytic converter

Anyone know where I can get a cat for my ep3 as when fitting my exhaust the flange on my cat was rotted. At the time was able to bodge the job but now it’s blowing.

I don’t want to go down the route of decat as I’m not planning on mapping any time soon and if I do I’ve heard the engine may run lean + engine light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They go for mega money scrap, so expect to pay around 300 if there's any second hand ones about!

Saying that, some of the ones paying decent money might be willing to swap your rusted one for a decent one plus a bit of cash maybe?

Try JW racing on Facebook, they bought mine recently and might be able to help. I see them being mentioned a lot by people selling their cats.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

They go for mega money scrap, so expect to pay around 300 if there's any second hand ones about!

Saying that, some of the ones paying decent money might be willing to swap your rusted one for a decent one plus a bit of cash maybe?

Try JW racing on Facebook, they bought mine recently and might be able to help. I see them being mentioned a lot by people selling their cats.

Wow didn’t know they would be going for that much lol.

Do you know if I would run into any issues in the long run if I just got a decat pipe (not 4-2-1) like the one that m2 does?

Only issues with a decat pipe is come mot time.

What are you planning on doing with the car? Bolt ons and a remap for more power? Weekend track car? Or just a daily reasonably quick car and keeping it near to standard?

Only issues with a decat pipe is come mot time.

What are you planning on doing with the car? Bolt ons and a remap for more power? Weekend track car? Or just a daily reasonably quick car and keeping it near to standard?

What I’ve got at the minute is a tegiwa m CAI and an m2 catback my plan is to get a FRSU some visual mods and leave it at that so I don’t really want to get a decat as I’m not mapping any time soon (definitely not before next MOT)

I’ve just seen this on eBay
9959f2fe382ecbec0be7a9e605bf19fa.jpg

It’s an aftermarket cat and I’m ready to buy just looking to find out if it will work the same as the oem cat.

Sometimes the cheap ones do, sometimes they don't. It might be worth getting one from a reputable supplier in case of any issues

Just remember your current one is worth around £270 scrap! So don't let the garage keep it if you get someone else to fit it.

Tegiwa do a 100 cel one for 150 ish with black Friday discounts. Might be worth a try? Not sure if it'll pass emissions tests though, most aftermarket ones have to be red hot to get a pass.

Sometimes the cheap ones do, sometimes they don't. It might be worth getting one from a reputable supplier in case of any issues

Just remember your current one is worth around £270 scrap! So don't let the garage keep it if you get someone else to fit it.

Tegiwa do a 100 cel one for 150 ish with black Friday discounts. Might be worth a try? Not sure if it'll pass emissions tests though, most aftermarket ones have to be red hot to get a pass.

I’ve been looking at the tegiwa one I’m fine with it not passing mot as I’ll just put my one back in for it. I’m just wondering it it will damage my engine running it without a remap.

Can anyone believe the price OEM cats are going for on eBay for the ep3? It’s on average about £550 - £650
I’ve got a decent oem spare in my loft, I’m half tempted to list it, but then again I think I might hold on to it for a bit longer in case prices continue to rise, :lol:

I have a Japspeed 200 CEL on mine as my stock cat and exhaust fell to pieces. No prob with MOT or the cat itself. Food for thought.

Also need a 90 degree o2 spacer to prevent eml coming on.

There’s now about 10 - 12 OEM ep3 cats on eBay if anyone is looking for one? The only thing is there all going for crazy money :eek:

Back