• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Japspeed cat back exhaust FN2, alignment - tailpipes catching / vibrating

Anyone got / fitted a japspeed cat back stainless...

Got mine couple weeks ago, i fitted it by myself on axle stands one section at a time startin from the CAT back

Got it all on, but both tailpipes are catching inside the bumper outlets

Pass side tailpipe is too high and hitting at the top

Driver side tailpipe is over to one side and hitting there

These exhausts join by nuts and bolts on every section so theres no play / adjustment there

Ive emailed japspeed they just say theyve sold hundreds and not come across it before

One thing to note is the last few inches of the tailpipes on these are still 2.5' they dont reduce to 2.25' like scorpion, cobra etc

All original honda exhaust rubbers were used, they have no damage and are all on properly..

On tickover and pullin away in first there rattling bad

Im gettin concerned about the heat were the tailpipes are touching the metal surrounds behind the bumper triangle outlets

Also this exhaust gets extremely hot even at the tailpipes, like too hot to put finger on even at tailpipe

Is this normal for stainless exhausts for type r?

Im still quite new to this car

Having owned cosworths / rs turbos / mondeo st in the past, all of which i put stainless exhausts on, those didnt get near as hot as this type r exhaust, and they didnt discolour due to heat, even after couple years..

This one on the type r only been on bout 3wks (was new) and its starting to show heat dis colouration already.....

Only thing i can think to try is undo it all and refit starting at the tailpipes working back towards the cat pipe....

Anyone any advice?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I had similar trouble with the piper non-res cat back, was knocking etc. I upgraded all the rubbers to heavy duty ones worked well on my last fn2.

How are you finding the japspeed for sound?. im currently looking into a cat back and these caught my eye.

Did the diff rubber change the alignment

The exhaust bit too loud for me and its all in the 1500 - 3500 rev range when loudest

Has a nice burble sound from inside the car, but does get annoying at times due to volume, does have a lot of 'popping' too when lettin off throttle. Down shifting etc

Back