• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2007 fn2 valve clearance guide / specs?

Anyone have a valve clearance guide with correct specs measurements from a honda service manual for the FN2 please?
Diagrams from the book with cylinder order to adjust them in etc

Thanks

Thx

I opened the link in internet explorer and chrome
I get all the yellow category folders on left hand side, but when i click on any of the folders... nothing, no text / instructions come up....

Hopefully this will give you more of an idea :D

I'm no mechanic so don't shoot the messenger :lol:

Cylinder Head Valve Clearance Adjustment

Special Tools Required

Tappet adjust wrench set
07MAA-PR70100

NOTE: Adjust the valves only when the cylinder head temperature is less than 38 °C (100 °F).

1 - Remove the cylinder head cover.

2 - Set the No. 1 piston at top dead center (TDC). The punch mark (A) on the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator and the punch mark (B) on the exhaust camshaft sprocket should be at the top. Align the TDC marks (C) on the VTC actuator and exhaust camshaft sprocket.

3 - Select the correct thickness feeler gauge for the valves you're going to check.

Valve Clearance

Intake: 0.21−0.25 mm (0.008−0.010 in.)

Exhaust: 0.25−0.29 mm (0.010−0.011 in.)

EXHAUST v (1 - 4)

INTAKE ^ (1 - 4)

4 - Insert the feeler gauge (A) between the adjusting screw (B) and the end of the valve stem, and slide it back and forth; you should feel a slight amount of drag.

5 - If you feel too much or too little drag, loosen the locknut with the special tools, and turn the adjusting screw until the drag on the feeler gauge is correct.

6 - Tighten the locknut to 20 N·m (2.0 kgf·m, 14 lbf·ft), and recheck the clearance. Repeat the adjustment if necessary.

7 - Rotate the crankshaft 180 ° clockwise (camshaft pulley turns 90 °).

8 - Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 3 cylinder.

9 - Rotate the crankshaft 180 ° clockwise (camshaft pulley turns 90 °).

10 - Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 4 cylinder.

11 - Rotate the crankshaft 180 ° clockwise (camshaft pulley turns 90 °).

12 - Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 2 cylinder.

13 - Install the cylinder head cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx

I opened the link in internet explorer and chrome
I get all the yellow category folders on left hand side, but when i click on any of the folders... nothing, no text / instructions come up....

Once you have selected the year & model and then the folder you want to look in, click on the Search button, top left and the details will appear in the Result window on the right.

So long since i looked at it i forgot this

Hi

Can anyone clarify something on Honda valve clearance spec numbers

3 - Select the correct thickness feeler gauge for the valves you're going to check.

Valve Clearance

Exhaust: 0.25−0.29 mm (0.010−0.011)

My question is for the exhaust valves, it states 0.25mm-0.29mm or 0.010-0.011"

The numbers in " dont seem correct, surely 0.25mm-0.29mm should equal 0.010 - 0.012"

So it matches the number conversion gaps for the intake sides...

Is this just a misprint by Honda??

Asking cause i be doin my valves soon and like most i will be going in the middle, so using a 0.009" feeler for the intakes

And a 0.011" feeler for the exhaust side.....??

Thx

Hi

Can anyone clarify something on Honda valve clearance spec numbers

Valve Clearance

Exhaust: 0.25−0.29 mm (0.010−0.011)

My question is for the exhaust valves, it states 0.25mm-0.29mm or 0.010-0.011"

The numbers in " dont seem correct, surely 0.25mm-0.29mm should equal 0.010 - 0.012"

So it matches the number conversion gaps for the intake sides...

Is this just a misprint by Honda??

Asking cause i be doin my valves soon and like most i will be going in the middle, so using a 0.009" feeler for the intakes

And a 0.011" feeler for the exhaust side.....??

Thx

0.29mm is 0.011" its closer 0.011 than 0.012 , so cant see being a misprint, it actually 0.0114" so will be 0.011 than rounded upto 0.012" due to the 4th decimal point being 4 if this makes sense.

Back