• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

Hey,

Does anyone have any optimised / improved audio settings for the stock system? I am finding a lot of distortion coming in with the volume turned up when listening to certain tracks. Or is the stock audio just not that good?

sub definately worth it but a pita to get added in to the standard system as theres no dedicated subout. DSP unit (if you have it on you model) might have sub out but i could never find a pinout for it to confirm.
depends if you've a model with the DSP or not will depend if it's worth upgrade the rest of it too and then the sky's the limit with how far you take it

sub definately worth it but a pita to get added in to the standard system as theres no dedicated subout. DSP unit (if you have it on you model) might have sub out but i could never find a pinout for it to confirm.
depends if you've a model with the DSP or not will depend if it's worth upgrade the rest of it too and then the sky's the limit with how far you take it

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me. How do I known if I have a DSP Unit on my model? (Sorry I am a complete audio noob haha).
My main issue with the audio is the high distortion at higher volume levels, I would imagine a sub change, plus changing the surrounding speakers would fix this?

DSP unit is behind the plastic directly to the side of clutch pedal in the center of the car.
premium audio was an option on non-GT, and standard on the GT. GT's are easily determined by the red strip across the front (although some add/remove it) and dual-zone heater which afaik was never on the non-gt. front park sensors also a GT only thing i think.

cant say i've noticed distortion on my setup although it is slightly tweaked from standard.

DSP unit is behind the plastic directly to the side of clutch pedal in the center of the car.
premium audio was an option on non-GT, and standard on the GT. GT's are easily determined by the red strip across the front (although some add/remove it) and dual-zone heater which afaik was never on the non-gt. front park sensors also a GT only thing i think.

cant say i've noticed distortion on my setup although it is slightly tweaked from standard.

Ah, my car is the GT version so has the premium audio. I notice the audio quallity getting bad when going above 30 on the volume scale. Bass is also pretty poor

What mods have you got on your audio system? Any chance I could listen irl? Haha

So an update to this thread, dropping the bass from the mid point, to 1 bar above minimum on the EQ settings has improved the audio massively. It is no longer muddy / distorted above 30 volume.

There is still bass present at that setting, obviously not as emphasised as before. But the audio is not as muddy.

Back