• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Wheel Arch Chips?

Is it normal for the wheel arches on these cars to get peppered with chips? I had to have mine touched up prior to buying, but I am once again seeing these appearing.

Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

I assume you mean the rear arches? It's normal, mine are awful. You could get paint protection film applied.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Yes the rear arches. Ah I thought that PPF might be an option. Never seen a car chip so fast before! lol

Yep mine are the same.. I'm taking mine off next summer and respraying them. I think front flaps may help solve the problem if you are into mudflaps

Should be fine, my fn2 parts were a perfect match and that model was well known for 6 shades of Cw,
I've not seen another Cw in the flesh but going by pictures I've yet to see a creamy one

Cw is not the whitest white .. when I park my car in my works car park beside other white cars. It def looks creamy. A few guys have commented on this. Last guy I parked beside was a white golf gtd. Could see the difference quite clearly

I know the car isn't white, Cw is meant to have a creaminess to it and you will notice this more with snow on the car, So the parts should match.
As said the Fn2 type r was horrific for shades, 6 in total, mine was a crisp white my mates was almost a custard cream colour, mismatched panels on those cars was considered as normal, I've yet to see a Cw Fk2 with mismatched panels

Glad you said that. I thought I might be suffering from paint discoloration. I fixed a stone chip on my bonnet a few months ago that the previous owner had attempted to fix. What ever he used was no where near the colour of my bonnet and stood out like a sore thumb

Back