• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Possible convert from German to Jap...

I started looking at Type-R's back in early May - partly off the back of a road trip I took with my nephew who has a little FWD hatchback (a pretty heavily modified C2 VTS & I have M135i with just suspension mods). We drove all over Scotland for a few days, not quite NC500 but roads of my own choosing that weren't singlegtrack! Although I knew I'd have to work hard to keep up with him on the twisty stuff, I really didn't appreciate how much tighter he could take corners, carrying speed and basically leave me for dead...

I'd seen a couple of Type-R's about but they're not a common sight and just found myself thinking that they suddenly looked more attractive - especially the FK8 as it looked just that little more grown-up to my eyes and from what I'd read about the ride-quality vs FK2, would be more suitable as a daily. There's also the massive tuner market that's been opened up with the FK8 being available in the states further down the road when warranty isn't so much of a concern.

I did wait a few months for funds to build/hold out for Honda to bring back Phoenix Yellow but looks like it won't be landing anytime soon and was a bit concerned that the next gen Type-R might be 'watered down', either as a hybrid of some sort or with it's looks tamed rear wing so I pulled the trigger on a PMM GT a couple of months ago.

Utterly delighted with it and look forward to driving it every time. Done about 2,500 mls so far (300 in one day) and can say with certainty that it's a faster car than my M135i - covers ground significantly quicker and with greater poise. Really cool to feel that aero actually working and doing something at higher speeds too.

fk8_front.jpg

* not my garage unfortunately. My nephew has access to this place for detailing and I get to use it occasionally too :D

Hi. In anything other than perfect conditions .. and probably in dry conditions an FK8 would turn an “m lite” inside out on b roads. In the dry a proper M car (in the right hands) would have a slight advantage and most certainly it would in straight line pace.

I have just come back to an FK8 from an M2 , whilst I loved the M2, at this time of the year and in heavy rain it was pretty unpredictable , whereas with the FK8 you know how it will behave.

Hi. In anything other than perfect conditions .. and probably in dry conditions an FK8 would turn an “m lite” inside out on b roads. In the dry a proper M car (in the right hands) would have a slight advantage and most certainly it would in straight line pace.

I have just come back to an FK8 from an M2 , whilst I loved the M2, at this time of the year and in heavy rain it was pretty unpredictable , whereas with the FK8 you know how it will behave.

Wondered why your avatar had changed Dotty :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome. There's no way my M140i could keep up with my FD2 with similar drivers, it's just not the complete package pushing it. It however miles better on a run to work and you can have fun so it's a perfect daily for me. If I didn't do so many track days the FK8 would appeal.

Back