• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

What sort of numbers are people seeing off remaps, specifically stage 1 cars aka something like intake and remap only.
I am seeing figures quoted stating a circa 50bhp increase, does this seem accurate?

Will a remap / intake take the FK2 to 355bhp?

I intend getting mine done early next year.
The tuner I'll use gave me a copy of the dyno sheet he done on a previous Fk2. With no mods. He got 356 bhp @ 6380 rpm. 348 ft-lbs torque @ 4960 rpm.
The only possible issue I've heard or read from a remap is clutch slip due to the increased torque. So if you do intend to remap it might be worth bearing that in mind

I get mixed feelings reading people's posts on remaps with the Fk2s and Fk8s,
A part of me is intrigued on figures but a big part makes me think why? The negatives on remapping these engines outweigh the positives

What you can do that gives more punch under your right foot is to buy a pedal box.. it won't add hp but does feel faster

We were told back in 2015 that the engine is near its limit from factory so anything really,
There's been a couple serious undisclosed sell the car on issues, turbo/boosting problems, heating issues, if I didn't have Flu head I'd do some searching, but then there are owners running high figures with no issues.
I have an aftermarket exhaust and an intake and that niggles me, I'm watching the fk8 threads for any "my car is fooked" posts, either things have changed in the mapping part of things or new owners aren't aware of the possible issues.

We were told back in 2015 that the engine is near its limit from factory so anything really,
There's been a couple serious undisclosed sell the car on issues, turbo/boosting problems, heating issues, if I didn't have Flu head I'd do some searching, but then there are owners running high figures with no issues.
I have an aftermarket exhaust and an intake and that niggles me, I'm watching the fk8 threads for any "my car is fooked" posts, either things have changed in the mapping part of things or new owners aren't aware of the possible issues.
You wont find any posts mate.
They were all edited or removed.
We all know though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Negatives, an ecu hacked map will void any warranty you have, so if it does throw up any errors then it will come out your pocket to fix them, you will go through tyres faster, and possible clutch issues depending on individual driving style, ex, if you are used to flooring it in a high gear at low speed you will shorten the life of your stock clutch, with a remap you will kill it quicker
resale could also be a problem as most want stock not a car thats been ragged, bagged and shagged which a remapped car point to, (no one remaps an fk2 for better fuel consumption) :lol:
im sure mapping and software development has come a long way since 2015 as there are tried and trusted tuners who come highly recommended by many on this forum
ill only opt for a remap if and when i decide on what other mods i do to mine, and decide more importantly if im going to keep it long term
if im totaly honest as im sure all fk2 owners on here will agree, 300+ bhp in a front wheel drive car is only really appreciated in bone dry conditions, otherwise its just loads of wheel spin
there will always be lovers and haters of how a car looks or any kind of modification, its called opinions, do what you feel fits for you but beware there are pitfalls to counter balance the potential positives of a faster trouble free remap

You wont find any posts mate.
They were all edited or removed.
We all know though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not all of us do.

What are we talking about? What sort of problems have been seen mapping the FK2? It's something that is a consideration for me but would definitely think twice if it's not a reliable prospect.

I appreciate it's always a risk but on the whole the right map by the right person normally yields additional power without too much of a reliability sacrifice.

so much info in the past but none that i'd really trust and none of it has been backed up with any info. so many that did remap early on got rid of quickly.
even basic stuff people are getting wrong like atmosphere vs recirc BOV's but you could tune that out with a remap.
the amount of removed, 'something aint right' or just ammount of threads i've seen on remaps is also a telling story for me.

the car doesnt need remap for the speed-limited roads (and 170mph+ probably doesnt need it in germany either). you'll just waste most of the power spinning through tyres.

Theres been posts claiming Honda stating the engine is good for 350bhp. funny enough, nothing has been produced (afaik) from Honda to confirm that.

4pistons engineering on civicx seem pretty good but they seem very firmly in the R&D stage of their development. claiming 600+ but then when do you stop calling it a k20c1... turbo, pistons, liners & rods, injectors etc. i'm sure gearbox cant handle that power either so gearset and presumably strengthened casing. not much left of the powertrain tbh so you might as well just drop another engine in.

personally, i dont care for power numbers. i'd remap to tune out niggles with the ECU and wouldnt take it much beyond +15%. if your tracking the car, brake system wont handle much more heat through it anyway.

I know of a few fk2's that weng bang with light mods and maps.

Mapping has not moved on since 2015. Mapping has been the same for years and years.

I also know of one fk8 that had terminal engine failure earlier this year after running stage 1 mods and was returned to standard and sent back to honda under warranty (not a forum user before anyone asks). its the same engine as fk2 after all.

Ive driven a few with more than the standard bhp and truthfully think it spoils what is a very balanced car from the factory. First car ive ever owned that I've felt no need to modify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the info, I am very surprised to hear the engine is so close to the limit out of the box. Anyhow some very good points raised and I will be keeping the car stock as the car feels so good in its stock form.

Mb ctr has a map on his.. he did have clutch issues. Any other problems mb?

no other issues touch wood, the what I thought to be turbo issues seems to have been caused by valve clearances.

I'm at around 340-350 with map and mods so ignore the people claiming you get that from stock and a stage 1 map is around 400bhp its total bollocks

Thank you all for the info, I am very surprised to hear the engine is so close to the limit out of the box. Anyhow some very good points raised and I will be keeping the car stock as the car feels so good in its stock form.

It surprised a few not long after release, especially when Honda's are known for modding.
It was Evostu from the ctro forum that kept warning owners of the engines, basically from day one.
So if he knew then Honda definitely knew

Tom at Tgm would not advise mapping them either. I think they are just right out of the box.

So interestingly Honda has just released a Type R Track Edition which has the same engine as the road cars, and our FK2 that is making 330bhp standard.

The 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder is the same general unit as the road-going model, but revised tuning has the mill making between 270 bhp (201 kilowatts) and 330 bhp (246 kW),

Will we be able to get the 330bhp tune for our cars? lol

Back